BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Air Leak

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RakNaks 
#1 ·
Has anybody got any knowledge on the most common place for air leaks on the E30. I believe that the problem is temperature related as it dies in the morning when cold starting until it has warmed up for a couple of minutes then all is fine. Must be an air leak of some kind but ive changed all gaskets although a dealer told me that the air intake is common to bowing/warping on them and advised for another gasket (2 in total) to be put on and some sealant to make sure. It cant be a rubber hose surely as this would not be temperature related and thats what this is, any ideas?

Many thanks

#4 ·
This was an issue for me. After looking at air leaks and measuring the resistance of the water temp senor and idle valve etc. I hooked up a pressure tester on the cold injector side. After sitting all night I noticed the fuel pressure was low. I started the car to create pressure. After the pressue built up I shut the car off and immediately installed a locking wrench plier on the fuel pressure regulator return line. The pressure held all night. Cold start issues have lots of items to check.

So I changed the fuel pressure regulator and all is well so far........

Hope this helps.

Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.