BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Odometer/trip and outside temp light

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  boramkiv 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone know why my odometer, trip meter and outside temp light have gone really dim and I can only see them late at night in the dark with my light on. This is on my 2005 X5

#2 ·
The bulbs behind it are on the way out. Sadly they are kinda pricey and only available at the $tealer (ECS Tuning might have them)

#3 · (Edited)
Ditto...it sounds like it may be time to replace the 5 incandescent bulbs in your cluster. Not sure if you are a regular user of realoem.com...but either way you can look up the BMW 11 digit part nbr for those bulbs and do some price shopping. You may find that your local BMW sells them at a reasonble cost...or they may blow your mind with a way over priced cost. :eeps:

(see item #2 its best to replace them all if one or more are blown...saves time going back in when the other ones bite the dust: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=FB53&mospid=47747&btnr=62_0374&hg=62&fg=05

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.