BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Tires for my 750.. Conti's or Bridge's

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  csmeance 
#1 ·
I have the 750 with the sport package 20's.. My michelin stockers are worn out and trying to decide on some good tires. Debating on the Continential ContactExtreme DW or the Bridgestone S-04 Poles.. Any thoughts?

Thanks all!

#3 ·
Both tires are very good tires, but at the end of the day it's the subtle differences that can make or break the tire for you.

The DW has some softer sidewalls that will give you a MUCH more comfortable ride than the S-04s. The trade off is that the handling precision is slightly muted compared to the S-04s. Does it make a difference in every day driving as I've seen, the comfort yes, the precision not so much. Does the difference arise in VERY spirited driving, a little bit.

The S-04 has a lower UTQG rating than the DW, in essence meaning that the mileage you may get out of the tire MAY be lower.

Like I said before, the difference is in the nitty gritty and both tires are amazing. If you demand the utmost performance you can get, go with the S-04's. If you want a very well rounded tire, go with the DW.

#5 ·
I've had the Hankooks and they were good but they didn't last very long at all ~9,000 miles in the rear :( Granted this did have a lot to do with the negative camber on the rear wheels. However, I switched to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and got an alignment and now I'm seeing even wear!

But anyways, the Michelins are WAY too expensive. Get the Continentals :D

#6 ·
I've had the Hankooks and they were good but they didn't last very long at all ~9,000 miles in the rear :( Granted this did have a lot to do with the negative camber on the rear wheels. However, I switched to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and got an alignment and now I'm seeing even wear!

But anyways, the Michelins are WAY too expensive. Get the Continentals :D
Am I wrong with the fact the Michelin Pilot SS only support the weight on 21" wheels? I couldn't find it on tire rack for 20" because of weight supports.

But with two new rear Continental DW's, I'd say GO FOR IT. They are so much quieter, softer, and were MUCH better than the OEM Michelins.

#9 ·
I have Michelin pilot super sports on my car, put 10,000 miles on them over the last year and still have the little nubbies in some spots. They are super expensive but I guess it goes without saying.... You get what you pay for.

#10 · (Edited)
i have michelin pilot super sports on my car, put 10,000 miles on them over the last year and still have the little nubbies in some spots. They are super expensive but i guess it goes without saying.... You get what you pay for.
+1 :d

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.