BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

535i EML question

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  randykyra 
#1 ·
I have a 1991 ( production date 11/00) 535i. The Cruise stopped working and it appears to be the computer that handles this function. The car is drive by wire so there's no throttle cable. I've attempted to locate the CRUISE CONTROL Brain but it appears it's not like other cars, having a separate unit. I may be wrong but I've been told the EML brain that controls and Relays accelerator pedal movement to the injection brain also controls the cruise. My question is this. Is this information correct? Also where is this unit located? I was told it's in the engine compartment just behind the right front shock tower. when I checked I found a box with 4 screws SECURING A top. when removed there are 3 units. From what I've been able to tell it's the middle unit (Bosch #0285006003). Can anyone help me. I do know this car is different because it is the drive by wire design. HELP PLEASE!!!!

:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.