BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Within a month! My wife: non-enthusiast

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  RSPDiver 
#1 ·
So the other day I jump into the 330 I gave to the wife to pull it out of the garage. Almost immediately I'm thinking "WTF is with the celcius readings?". She had no idea how they got there, so I changed them back after checking the owners manual. Last weekend she asks me if I know how to change the clock. Uh, yeah! She lives by the stupid clock on the radio, vs. seeing what station it's on or what's playing. And now it's almost constantly "almost needing gas, but the light hasn't come on yet". [sigh] I need to drive it at least once a week, I think, to make sure it stays upright and going forward. I love her, but I'm glad she has me to take care of the cars! :thumbup:

#3 ·
Now that you're in charge of car maintenance it probably won't happen but, my favorite is when your SO tells you "the little light with the oil can came on" so you ask when the last time she added or changed the oil was and she say's " changed the oil?"

#8 ·
Conversation with the wife:

wife:Always messing with the cars! try clean up around here like you do the cars.

Me: You always cleaning the house, how about you keep your car nice and clean.

wife: that's what you are here for

Me: Ditto my thoughts exactly! lol

all you have to do is drive it I will take care of the rest....wanna trade?

Wife: whatever!! walks away asking is it done am going out!

you have to love them!

#9 ·
My wife was like "oh yeah that yellow light with the bubbling flask has been on for a week"

Awesome, I taped a piece of paper to the dash with the BMW warning indicators. Low coolant for a week...awesome. She said she thought it was low wiper fluid...sigh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.