BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Picked up new '13 X6 50i yesterday (8/11/2012)

13K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  Kar Don 
#1 ·
Picked up 2013 X6 50i, which replaced a 2009 X6 50i...

No good photos yet (It was raining and only using phone camera).

Ordered 7/2/2012...
At dealer 8/9/2012... shows build date of Aug 2012 with VIN (See pic)
Picked up 8/11/2012

Black Sapphire Metallic
Dark Bamboo
Black Perf Leather
Cold Weather
Dynamic Handling Package (Active Steering & Adaptive Drive)
Luxury Seating Package
M Performance Package (See pic - Among other things, got the black exhaust tips... Nice since the chrome ones on 2009 always turned black anyway)
Premium Package
Premium Sound
Technology Package
Space Saver Spare
Soft Close Automatic Doors
Running Boards
3 Rear Seats
Full LED Lights
Rear Seat Entertainment
BMW Apps
Smartphone Integration

Initial thoughts...
  • Active Steering - Didn't want but wanted adaptive drive again... Different, taking some getting used to (but liking!)
  • 8 speed auto vs. older 6 speed - Not talked about too often but major upgrade to driveability!
  • Side view camera - Have not used yet in a real world situation, but not at all what I thought (Did not know it was for creeping into an intersection and seeing down the road)
  • LED lights - Great!
  • Noticed you can now "swap" iPod vs. iPhone through iDrive... In the 2009, if you had both the iPod and snap-in adapter, there was no possibility of playing music from iPhone unless you physically unplugged the iPod. I see now you can just swap in the iDrive menu. Now with that said, I only had "Smartphone Integration" on the 2009 so had the "Music" adapter. Though I can charge my phone and it connects, it is not "compatible" with the BMW Apps, so that's going to be heading to eBay soon
  • Style 336 20" wheels - Didn't know they were "grey" in color... they look much better in person than I had thought/envisioned. The grey really makes them, too!

I had an almost identically optioned 2009 less Active Steering, less some of the newer technology not avail then, and had added dealer installed BMW performance power kit (+40 hp). Overall, the whole package seems much more refined and smoothed out now. I just noticed this morning that my driver door was not "fit" perfectly at the factory... going to have to see if that can be fixed. Annoyance but I take the good with the bad with every BMW I've had since that's just how things go no matter the price point!

Overall, still an amazing car or I would not have done it again!

Attachments

See less See more
#50 ·
when the combox was added to production after 9/10 you can use the white apple ipod cable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.