BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Window Wiper and Window Washer Fluid Leak

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  maxeaus 
#1 ·
I've been scouring the forum for these two issues... One I need to replace my wipers, and was wondering can I just purchase some from a local parts store? And what are the sizes? May sound like a simple question but the dealer keeps telling me I need wipers specific to my 2007 X3.

Also, I've read a few posts concerning leaks from the Window Washer Fluid tank. One of the pumps I guess they are called isn't turned all the way, and when I turn it to tighten, it stays that way for a day or so, then it loosens itself again, which causes that particular pump to suck the fluid up and out of the tank, so the light for low fluids stays on and it's driving me crazy... Has anyone ever experience this? If so, does it have to be replaced or something?

#2 · (Edited)
Any old wipers will work as long as you change the frame and blade. I believe driver is 22 inches and passenger is 20 inches.

The dealer is a cheaper option though....they sell the rubber inserts for only a few $s but you need the oem frames. Be forewarned though...they chatter like heck unless you clean them really good with rubbing alcohol pads (I use ones from a first aid kit).

For your washer pump it sound like you need a new rubber washer grommet. This is the part that the pump actually sits inside of to stay nice and snug. Also only a few $s at your parts counter.

Common problem. I have had to replace both of my pumps since new on my 09...currently at 108k. I just get the cheapie URO aftermarket $4 pumps now from ecstuning. It's more cost effective.

#5 · (Edited)
I replaced our windshield wipers with the Rain-X latitude ones, can't recall the sizes though. Our 2007 X3 3.0si was also leaking out of one of the washer pumps. I purchased the washer grommet from the local dealer, cost me like ~$5.00. I also replaced the washer pump but I didn't get it from the dealer since they were charging $80.00 for one. I ended up ordering one from Auto Parts Warehouse:

Washer Pump AutoTrust Gold Washer Pump AutoTrust Gold
Price: $ 28.65
Qty: 1.00
Part #: WREPM371501ATG

FYI,
when I connected the pump, at first I thought I got the wrong once since no water was coming out. It took a few minutes because it was the pump for the rear window. Also, I doubt the original pump was defective yet I still purchased a new one since it wasn't that expensive. No more leaks though!

I changed the part out sometime during November of last year and the vehicle had approximately 88,125 Miles.

#7 ·
Chris do your self a favor and do a search on windshield washer pump, there is tons of information there. Good luck
cheers
vern

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.