BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Daytime Instrument Cluster at Night

184K views 145 replies 59 participants last post by  jarlsbilservice 
#1 ·
I am sure this is not for everyone, but I personally like the bright daytime instrument display a lot better than the nighttime orange display. To me it is sharper looking and easier to read, with more contrast.

You can easily change a simple code so that it remains in daytime mode all the time:

KOMBI-->3007 KI_Dimmung, 24-->DIM_NACHT_EIN-->Werte=FF

The default value is Werte=0A. This hexadecimal value relates to the sensitivity of the sensor that determines the threshold at which the display changes into its nighttime mode. When set to "FF" it stays on the daytime mode constantly.

Speedometer Gauge Auto part Measuring instrument Tachometer
Gauge Speedometer Auto part Car Vehicle

At least for the F10, you can still select the color of the decorative lines in the extended display (orange or gray), depending on your preference, using the code in my earlier post.

KOMBI-->3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration-->HINTERGRUND_FARBE_TAG-->Grau or Orange

JEG23

See less See more
#99 ·
I have a new used 2014 F10. with 6WA Instrument Cluster W. Extended Contents.
Could you please confirm if I can apply the code to change night orange to all white all time?
Is there any other factor that stopping me from coding this change?
Does firmware version matter? How do I find out the firmware version?

Thanks!

#106 ·
You cannot dim the day white version. You can dim the orange. I think it's a lot better when it isn't blinding. You can see more outside especially when outside has no lights but your headlights. You would think having lights on the keyboard is a good idea but when the lights are out it's quite distracting in a bad way.

#109 ·
Hi folks

Actually my first post, however, reading a long time already ;-)

I coded some things and they are working fine. No I wanted to try out the daylight desing for the LCD display in cluster that is white during the day to have it white at night.

I found that I need to change "KOMBI-->3007 KI_Dimmung, 24-->DIM_NACHT_EIN-->Werte=FF" but this is not working for me...display still switches to orange at night.

I read that for a lot of people it worked on different cars, is somebody aware if maybe something additional needs to be changed or manage to get it to work on a F22/23 or M2?

Thanks for any help!

#127 · (Edited)
Y try in f30 is build 09-01-2017 but worked only in the day not change to orange but the nigth change all orange....
Any can help?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
In the f30 lci,
The orange is due to the LED, to change the color you need to change the panel LED ...
At night, the white color is strong for the eyes.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

#125 ·
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I am made up, This worked perfectly, It was the main thing that put me off in my car, Loving the changes

I am sure this is not for everyone, but I personally like the bright daytime instrument display a lot better than the nighttime orange display. To me it is sharper looking and easier to read, with more contrast.

You can easily change a simple code so that it remains in daytime mode all the time:

The default value is Werte=0A. This hexadecimal value relates to the sensitivity of the sensor that determines the threshold at which the display changes into its nighttime mode. When set to "FF" it stays on the daytime mode constantly.

View attachment 352316 View attachment 352317

At least for the F10, you can still select the color of the decorative lines in the extended display (orange or gray), depending on your preference, using the code in my earlier post.

JEG23

#128 ·
Hey there fellas , is it possible to code this through bimmercode ? i already found everything described on how to change it but im a little scared doing it , i found the DIM_NACHT_EIN parameter and in bimmer code its either Aktiv Or Nicht_Aktiv , and there are the custom values , should i change it through there ? please somebody end my pain so i can have a white cluster ***x1f61b;

#131 ·

JEG23
I've tried this but the only difference I noticed was when the engine was off and ignition on it turned to nighttime mode for some reason

#132 ·
In regard to changing the lines on the bottom, (gray or red) it can be done via bimmercode referencing the code listed post #1.

#133 ·

JEG23
I tried that but it stays the same for me.
I have 2014 bmw 520d lci

#135 ·

JEG23
[/اقتبس]
How can i do that , my car is F02 ,2015 7 series

thank yoy

#136 ·

JEG23
How can i do that ? my car is F02

Thank you

#137 ·

JEG23
Can this work in my car? 2011 bmw 535i thanks