BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2012 M5 ED Invoice price

14K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  Stealth.Pilot 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the invoice price for ED for 2012 M5. I know it hasn't hit the US market yet. Just wondering when will we get the invoice price info for the same.

Thanks!

#3 ·
ED invoice will be US invoice for quite a while as EDs will be coming out of dealer allocations. You better have a good relationship with a dealer if you are expecting a deal!

#5 ·
It is what it is. There are other choices though.

#7 ·
For instance?

#6 · (Edited)
I was talking with Greg Poland about buying the M5, and he told me that pricing will be MSRP for the first 6 months or so. They dealership won't let him discount until the initial demand wanes. And I suspect that of the forum sponsors he will be the first to deal.

#12 ·
What is $83,655?:dunno:

#13 ·
M5 is up on bmwconfig.com
$83655 ED MSRP drum roll... ED invoice $76965! Plus $1000 bucks and you are at $77965. I was off by $35. MT will save you $300. Add in heads up display for $1185 and you are ready to roll.:D

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

#14 ·
$79,150 for ED .... with heads up display ......now for ceramic brakes

#15 ·
My build came out to $93k to make it close in equipment to my 550i but adding Platinum leather.

I may be able to lean that out depending on what is in the packages.

My problem is I don't like silver stone leather, so I had to do a MCB/Platinum. I could do Singapore Gray/Sakhir Orange though.

Does anyone know if extended leather includes the leather dash and top of the door panels, or is that only included with full leather. In Canada you get plastic dash as base spec.

#16 ·
Curious why there is no build option on BMW USA dot com.

#17 ·
Ceramic Brakes added 8700 on my build.
What is executive package?

#18 ·
I think executive package is things like comfort access, parking sensors, cameras, Smartphone integration, premium sound, etc.

My options would be platinum leather, Executive package, Drivers assistance package, 20" wheels and IAS.

I would skip the ceramic brakes. The M Engineers told me that they thought the steel brakes were better and they only made the ceramic ones as requested by marketing.

#19 ·
Since there seems to be only three of us on this forum, I suggest you guys check out the M5 forum on bimmerpost. They are more knowledgeable about the M5. Plus, more of a world wide subscriber base. Some of those cats have had their cars for months already. Nobody there is to swift on ED. I say keep it that way. Bimmerfest is the place to be for ED knowledge.

#30 ·
Their app is better than ours? I don't use a smart phone.. :)

I have a strong suspicion that the official order guide and pricing for M5 will be released in less than 2 week. As of now we can enter orders in the Factory Order Bank, however, the ED Dept. will not process any pre-reservations until the info is officially released.

No ED dates on M5 for US customers will be available until after 9/1.

#21 ·
I think that from my personal use of Carbon Ceramics on my Cayenne Turbo and California, they are a great option to have. The stopping power is PHENOMENAL!. So much better than anything I have experienced before in that department.

Another effect if that it lowers unsprung weight at the wheel. Helps with rotating mass.

Third, and for most cars, NO BRAKE DUST!!!!!

Good luck guys, and I am envious. I got rid of my 08 M5 that I bought new in July 2008 for a X5M (wow, was that a mistake). Missed my M5 very, very much.

Post some pics when they come in!!!!

J

#22 ·
Big news! 2013 M5 is not coming out of dealer allocation. Bigger news!! Guy on bimmerpost just closed a deal on ED at $1000 over ED invoice. Let the good times roll! I'm fixing on Spring 2013. This guy got the same stuff I was going for 20" wheels and HUD.

#23 ·
That's amazing. I would want to go for August. Who should we call?

#26 ·
Yes my 550i is ED and PCD

#27 ·
wow, i know a few people that will buy in on this.

#28 ·
I placed ED order today.

#34 ·
If anyone wants a US delivery M5 I have three open allocations ..........please contact me for details.

#35 ·
There are some guys on the M5Board who have been struggling to get local allocations. You may want to post there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.