BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Any idea how long

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  piyu7444 
#1 ·
I am VERY anxiously awaiting delivery of my 330xi and have been tracking it online. For the past few days, it has been "produced but not shipped." I called BMWNA to see if I could get more info and found that my car is "at the shipping port awaiting a shipping vessel." Any idea how long it takes before my baby gets stateside and to me? I checked the W&W website, but they do not yet recognize my vin or production number. I'm in MD if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any information!

#2 ·
usually it takes 4-7 waiting at the port for a ship, and then (since you're on the East Coast) the ship takes 10-13 days to cross the ocean. It then goes through the VPC in NJ and then to your dealership. Figure 5 more days for that.

I'd say you'll have it in the last 5 days of June.

#4 ·
My 330Ci has been exactly the same... went "produced awaiting transport" on Thursday morning. Our car's will probably cross the ocean together! I'm hoping for the MAERSK TEAL, since it departs June 12 and arrives in Charleston June 26... maybe have my car around July 4 (???).

#5 ·
Hmmmmm...

Spoke with my CA this evening, and he told me that my car is due in at the NJ processing center on 6/14. That would mean that I'm on the Carmen, wouldn't it? But my VIN doesn't register over at the W&W website :dunno: Is this unusual?

#7 ·
Don't feel too bad. The W&W website shows my car on a vessel heading to California. BMW said that their computer showed my car on a vessel heading to New Jersey. Then, they said that my car had been delivered to the dealer (nine days after I dropped it off in Zurich).

This will all be sorted out this week when the hard copy of the ship manifests arrives at BMW, but, I can tell you, not having the car show up on the site may be better than thinking that your wait is going to be two weeks longer than it should be because the car was loaded on the wrong boat.

I'm keeping the faith that it is an error at the shipping website.

#10 ·
Checked WW this morning... nothing! My CP told me yesterday that my car was officially built on June 3. Highly unlikely that it could have made the Carmen departing June 6. More likely on the Maersk Teal June 12. Oh well, they say that anticipation is a big part of the fun.

#11 ·
I dropped mine in Munich on May 26th and it had reached NJ Port on 18th Jun.......now they took 1 month to get it out from NJ port........I am on the west coast and today when I enquired with the dealer I was told that the car is going to SOUTH CAROLINA and from there it will be on train to go to Oxnord CA........then it will get on truck to reach Bay Area CA. I dont know how long it might take and it is frustrating............Anyone else have had a similar experienc? Any idea how many days I might be looking at ???????? ALthough I have asked the dealer the same question but I think the answer will be - I really dont know................Anyone here who can make a guesstimate (with some logic) is welcome to do so...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.