BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

335I Burnout light code on the dashboard

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ciborgman 
#1 ·
I have a 335I 2007, that light that tells me that I have a light bulb out came on, I juts checked all over and there is not light bulb broken, is this a known issue. Do I have an electrical problem?

last time that the light came on I ended up replacing the battery, about a month ago. it started with the and then escalated to the point of not been able to start the car.

Anyone?

Thanks

Cyb

#2 ·
Double-check your brake lights. There are two bulbs that light up the standard brake lights (I'm not talking about the ones that come on when you brake hard), and it can be difficult to tell if only one of them is out. I missed it the first couple times when my "bulb out" warning came on. My dad was the one to notice it when he was driving behind me one night.

#3 ·
Also check the license plate lights.

If you search, I posted a link a while back to a site that has the individual codes for every user message - it will tell you exactly what bulb the system thinks is out. Don't have my favorites right now or would post again.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Yeah, when my brake light was out it was actually a bad connection point in the taillight housing (the black part that holds all the bulbs).

Oddly enough, my dealership sold the individual bulbs for about $8 each, but the entire housing with each bulb already in it (5 bulbs I think) was only about $20.

#6 ·
The cod is CC ID 136 and is not listed on that list, the manual says is a light in the back brake, maybe is the housing itself, I do like the old style on previous model it tell you exactly where is the faulty bulb with a picture. at least that way I know where to look.

#7 ·
Well it sounds like you've narrowed it down pretty well. How are you checking your brake lights? Are you just having someone press the brake pedal while stationary?

Again, check your standard brake lights to see if one of the two bulbs is out. One bulb still provides a good amount of light so it can be difficult to spot. Also, take the car out with someone driving behind you, get up to speed and then let the brakes have it. The person driving behind you should see the additional brake lights come on under hard braking.

Once you've found the bulb then you can determine whether you need to replace a single bulb or if a connection point is bad and you need to replace the housing.

As I said, neither solution is very expensive. It's just a matter of hunting down that one bad light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.