BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Upgrading E70 X5 Angel Eyes Halo Rings to LEDs - What do you recommend?

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Rob32R 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Thought this topic may be of interest to everyone looking to upgrade their halogen angel eyes to the LEDs as seen on the LCI X5. Seems to be quite a common add on and quite easy to do these days for pre-LCI E70 X5 owners like myself so I need your help in telling me which is the best to buy for my car.

What is the best (by best I mean brightest and most even) LED option for the E70?

Thanks in advance fellow bimmers.

#7 · (Edited)
It works on the pre-LCI. I just sold my '09 X5, but it had the LUX and it worked fine.

How hard is it to install Lux and how reliable are they?
Easy. Remove a cover that's accessible under the bonnet. Unscrew old bulb, disconnect power, connect to LUX, line up bulb, and close things up.

The only thing I noticed is if you don't have DRL, you need to set the switch to Auto or it will flicker on startup due to the bulb check.

#8 ·
Have settled for a set of LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes. Hands down from I have read and heard they are the premium LED Angel Eyes you can buy at the moment. All I'm trying to work out now is whether the Australian delivered E70 X5's pre-LCI came with H8 Angel Eye bulbs from the factory.

If SOMEONE CAN CONFIRM THE ABOVE QUESTION THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.