BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What are the Coolest Mods for a Black X3?

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jimsan 
#1 ·
Now that we have our 2014 X3, I am looking at mods. The first one that I am going to do is to have the satin silver roof rails painted black by a really fine BMW body shop, Body Shop of Barrington. This will happen promptly. That will cost approximately $150 and it will address my biggest issue with the my stock X3. I am contemplating mods in two categories: aesthetic enhancement and performance. I may give rid of every possible bit of chrome and go for Darth Vader look. Next up would be black kidney grilles and have the 2.8 x Drive badges refinished in black. If the paint would not flake off, I may refinish the wheels in gun metal gray.

What are other mods that I should contemplate?

#3 ·
I have a black 2013 20i without a single chrome thing and I wish i have a chrome window frames that costs a fortune and you want to turn it all black ? weird

here in the signature

#4 ·
I have never been a fan of all blacked-out cars including wheels; however, the X3's dynamic artful styling that suggests robust athleticism has the power to potentially carry off this mod without looking affected. All black trim, black kidney grilles and anthracite/black wheels would offer a brooding menacing persona that further accentuates the X3's innate athletic potential. Affection is a possible outcome but I would be a brave heart and do it - the up side is a very cool X3. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.