BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#57,841 ·
e34 m5 with the individual tb's and tilt up hood :yumyum:

#57,843 ·
:mad:i need help please! So i took my cluster out of my car to change the gauge bulbs...had to get the orange tint off for it to work. So i had to take the needles off also...no problem at all...i put everything back together and calibrate all 4 needles counter clockwise per DIY...rpms and temp gauge are working great, but gas gauge is bouncing and the speedo isnt working except for it jumping every once in a while. Ive been messing with it and searching for an answer for 3 hours! Any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Bimmer App

#57,846 ·
Ok so i sat here and spun them for like 50 turns each and now during test no more jumping so maybe the gears in needle hub were off...will drive tomorrow morning and see if fixed. Fingers crossed.

#57,850 ·
I like the look of the E34 but the interior quality is just as bad as the E36 and the front end is sucky to work on.

My buddy has a 91 M5 that's pretty badass, my roommate had a 535i that was a decent looker but not much to drive. It produced good power for its size and age but it was as refined as a tractor and handled like a mattress.

I'm with chad though, the e34 has the classic, old school bimmer look, but E39s are miles better to actually be in.

#57,851 ·
Ok so i sat here and spun them for like 50 turns each and now during test no more jumping so maybe the gears in needle hub were off...will drive tomorrow morning and see if fixed. Fingers crossed.

The needles are probably touching the gauge face. They are supposed to be about 3/16" off the faces.

#57,852 · (Edited)
I've got a free $25 cupon (good for any purchase of UUC brand parts) if anyone wants it pm me.

It expires 12am Monday. (At the end of tomorrow).

Edit:

I just ordered a pair of rear brake rotors shipped for $25 after using that coupon.

#57,854 ·
I think the reason when i used to feel up and it would only go to 3/4 is bc someone had fuel needle calibrated wrong bc my needle when car was off would go all the way to the U in unleaded so i looked up pics and this is where she sets now when off...look right?

Attachments

#57,855 ·
I've got a free $25 cupon (good for any purchase of UUC brand parts) if anyone wants it pm me.

It expires 12am Monday. (At the end of tomorrow).

Edit:

I just ordered a pair of rear brake rotors shipped for $25 after using that coupon.
Nice fake out Ed lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App

#57,859 · (Edited)
Glad she's good now Jesse :thumbup:
Thanks man...weird seeing full on gas gauge...never been past 3/4 since i had s50 swap done...when my car would be below 1/4 it only would take 9 gallons to fill up...and b4 swap would take like 13 gallons when at 1/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.