BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#46,344 ·
Ticket update:

COP FRIEND IS THE MAN! From 6 points to parking ticket. :clap:

I am so estatic its not even funny, now i can stop hoarding my money and go buy x mas gifts for friends and family :)

Also update: e30 won first in class (Stock RWD) :)

but is still a missfiring pile, :( got a **** ton of junk yard parts to swap out and try, already did the AFM, and IAC, next up is the TPS ... ugh

#46,346 ·
Ticket update:

I am so estatic its not even funny, now i can stop hoarding my money and go buy x mas gifts for friends and family :)

but is still a missfiring pile, :( got a **** ton of junk yard parts to swap out and try, already did the AFM, and IAC, next up is the TPS ... ugh
Double good news!! Nice! :thumbup:

#46,348 ·
#46,349 · (Edited)
wheres this micro filter at?
It's behind the heater core deep under the center of the dash.

...never.

I'm guessing there's a thread for that.

edit, just looked at it. Holy Hell that looks like a severe pain in the arsehole.
It really isn't that bad. It's just that it's much harder than it SHOULD be. It's a truly stupid design that was revised later for obvious reasons. I think it took me an hour and a half (?), and I took my sweet ass time, separated all of the screws in separate cups, etc. I had no trouble getting my glove box reinstalled and aligned perfectly.

But yeah, I guarantee your low airflow is due to a clogged microfilter.

Ticket update:

Hell yes!!! Awesome news, Joe.

Ken, take a look at these tires:

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-r1r-extreme-performance-summer-tires
http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-r888-high-performance-competition-tires

Both have better tread wear than the Nitto's you were thinking of, are kinda pricey
and look cool.
I definitely would not recommend R-Comp tires for regular driving. Totally absurd.

#46,351 ·
Hey frank apparently with the e30 running the way it is, when i bounced it off red line in anger and speed shifted to 2nd it shhot a flame out the back :rofl: if only they had gotten pictures :rofl:

#46,358 ·
Joe you bought an E39? Man, I missed that completely, haha.

I've been uber busy though.
yuppers its a 2000 528i 5spd with nav, auto wipers, heated seats bla bla bla has 88k miles on it one owner (doctor) and i got it for 7500 bucks :bigpimp:

#46,359 ·
I need some help. I ordered rear control arm bushings from ECS, and they are FEQ (aftermarket).

They really don't go in as easily (or at all) as the original OEM ones. Even with the specific Bimmerworld tool. They aren't tapered at the ends. See both:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/33326775551/ES57767/

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/33326775551/ES253000/

I really think this is a quality issue. I called ECS, and he said it might be harder, but they should go in because they are the right ones. He said that I couldn't return them because the boots were ripped (because they wouldn't go in properly). I gave up without a fight, I figure I'll send an email later and hope a manager will see it. I should probably request a refund on the grounds that they aren't OEM quality, right?

I'm willing to pay for the Genuine BMW ones, but only if I can get my money back for these crap aftermarket ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.