BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Braking / Coming to a stop

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DC06X5 
#1 ·
I have an automatic 2006 X5. At the very end of braking and stopping, I experience a slight hard-stop rather than a smooth slowing down to zero.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Thanks.

#6 ·
Is it more like a lurch than sudden stop? When slowing down(auto) the car really wants you to stop completely while you are say second gear. if you are slowing down gradually and almost creeping it selects 1st gear giving that kind of bump stop. Try stopping a little quicker the last say 10ft to see if it's what I'm talking about. Once you are at zero the car happily selects 1st, you don't feel it and pull away as normal.

#8 ·
I should re-state the issue. I think I misled you guys. So I come to a nice gradual smooth stop and then the car kind of "sits back." It's not a hard jerk. It's like if you had the car in reverse and let up on the break a TINY bit and then press again. You wouldn't spill your grande latte :) but you'd have a little wave motion in the cup. I'm probably making more out of this that I should. It's just annoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.