Premium Sound Package
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Adaptive Drive
Ceramic Controls
Full LED Lights
Automatic High Beams
BMW Apps
Shadowline Trim [special order]

The only remaining question is the issue of the headliner. According to the dealership, if you order Canyon Brown leather as an ala carte option on a non-MSport car, you get the standard Anthracite (instead of Light Gray) Headliner. They are currently checking to see if it's possible to special order the Anthracite Alcantara Headliner and, if so, what the price tag would be for it. I'm not sure how important it is to me, as long as the headliner is black, but I'll wait to make the final call when I hear the price tag.

I love my '12 Coupe. 85-90% of the time it's all that I need and more, but the other 10% of the time, I really miss the ability to have rear seat passengers. Or, at least, rear seat passengers with legs. I considered getting something else in addition (SUV or a 7-Series), as I've done in the past when I owned 6er Coupes, but I think I'd rather just have one vehicle that meets all of my needs. So, here's hoping the GC is it!

Here's a picture or two from BMW's BYO site. Just imagine it with Shadowline Trim and 35% tint.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Did you end up opting for the Shadowline or sticking with the chrome surrounds?

#5 ·
Can't wait to see pictures. It's going to be stunning, I'm sure.

I've had so many Silver-on-Black BMWs that I feel all walk-on-the-wild-side for getting a dark brown interior. Wish my nerves would have been able to handle something like Frozen Bronze. Ha.

Did they give you a build date?

#6 ·
I think BMW really hit it out of the park with Canyon Brown - or Cohiba brown. All we need now is diamond quilted!

#7 ·
This is actually my first car that isn't either black on black or black on some type of tan.

If I were buying the car I would have given the color more thought, but on a 3 year lease that I will probably get out of around the 2 or 2.5 year mark, I wasn't worried about it.

No build date, he is shopping other dealers right now to get me a slot. He is guessing right now that he could get me a build in week 40 which would put me in early to mid November.

#8 ·
No build date, he is shopping other dealers right now to get me a slot. He is guessing right now that he could get me a build in week 40 which would put me in early to mid November.
Same exact situation here.

#10 ·
Haha. At least we're in different regions (which I think matters). Did they give you any indication if the Individual paint would add to the build timeline?

#14 ·
Yes, but only if you get the full Individual package. Since I'm just getting the Canyon Brown leather only, none of the exterior Individual items (Shadowline Trim, special 19" and 20" wheels, etc.) apply.

#16 ·
Thanks. I'm excited. (And I have to make a decision about the wood today!)

Are Canyon and Cohiba the same color, just different names?

#17 ·
BMW seems to be using the names interchangeably and I think they are indeed the same. I ordered the M6 with Canyon, but Cohiba shows up when searching for my car by VIN. A quick Google search doesn't show any real difference that can't be attributed to varying lighting, but I can't say for sure.

#18 ·
Ah, got it. Maybe Cohiba is the other-side-of-the-pond name or something. I noticed on the BMW Individual iPad app, only Cohiba is listed.

Whatever it's called, I really like...

#22 ·
That's my issue with the Fine Line Oak, too... just a bit too conservative/dull. Since the Canyon Brown interior still has a lot of black leather, too, I think the Piano Black would actually look really great. I just know that I would obsess about every little scratch.

#24 ·
I just received a few confirmations on my order.

First, Shadowline Trim can be special ordered for $350, which I am definitely doing. I cannot special order the Anthracite Alcantara Headliner, though. The Individual Canyon Brown leather (on non-MSport cars) comes with the Anthracite Headliner, which will be fine.

#25 ·
Also, the Canyon Brown interior moved the production back to week 44, so the best estimate is for a late November to mid December delivery.

#28 ·
I have to say the ordering process is quite different with bmw than it is with range rover. When I ordered a range rover sport when they came out in 06 the sales guy pretty much said it will be here in about 4 months and I am not even sure if it will have the options you ordered. He seriously didn't know anything until the car arrived on the lot, although he was right about the 4 months.

#29 ·
Yeah, I've always been impressed with the BMW ordering process and have never had a problem. Can't imagine just buying a car off the lot anymore.

#31 ·
Exactly right. I'm not complaining. I just want it in 2012, so I can use my CCA rebate for the year.

#33 ·
No, not even for a moment. The 650xiGC has more than enough power (especially with the updated engine) and loads more style, IMO. Plus, I really wanted xDrive.

I guess I'm just not an M-guy.

#34 ·
Did you choose xdrive for the weather or are there other reasons. With my build xdrive was only 1000 more, but I thought ias sounded like it would be fun. Do you think there are more benefits to xdrive outside of needing it for snow or ice? Seems like I still have some time to change.

#35 ·
Yes, the weather was the major consideration, even though we barely had winter last year. Aside from that, though, I think xDrive makes a difference with the steering feel, due to it having hydraulic steering instead of the electric steering that BMW now puts on RWD cars. It might be anecdotal, but I think xDrive cars are a bit quicker off the line, too.

#39 ·
Anthractite Headliner only, not Alcantara, unless I order the "full Individual package."

#41 ·
Thanks for sharing that link of pictures! Exciting...

#43 ·
Must be a Canyon thing! It can't come soon enough...

#45 ·
I'm getting the 19" Style 423 wheels, pictured below:

Attachments

#47 ·
I agree. Of course, I'm not a great fan of the M-Sport package on any of the 6ers, especially the GC. On some BMWs, I love the M-Sport packages (like our 5 or the 7), while on others I just don't like it at all. The good thing is that anymore the M-Sport package is all aesthetics, so you're not really giving up anything by skipping it.

#49 · (Edited)
After going over the car again with my wife, we decided the m sport package really didn't make the car look any better. I am going to change to the individual package with black wood and black wood inlay steering wheel. XZLR8, I am actually going to do the opposite of what you did and try to get them to take off the shadowline option on the individual package, I like the contrast of the bronze and chrome.

I also went ahead and opted for the 20 inch individual wheels, if I don't like them I will ask the dealer to try to switch to the 423 19's.

So now back to the 75 day or so wait.

#51 ·
After going over the car again with my wife, we decided the m sport package really didn't make the car look any better. I am going to change to the individual package with black wood and black wood inlay steering wheel. XZLR8, I am actually going to do the opposite of what you did and try to get them to take off the shadowline option on the individual package, I like the contrast of the bronze and chrome.

I also went ahead and opted for the 20 inch individual wheels, if I don't like them the dealer said he would refund the money and give me the 423 19's.

So now back to the 75 day or so wait.
I like the look of the 20" Individual wheels, although I still think I favor the 423s. At any rate, I think you made a good call with deleting the M-Sport package. I know that a lot of people love the kit on the 6ers, but I have always thought it makes the car look more than a bit overwrought. Especially with the Frozen Bronze color, your car will be amazingly distinctive.

#52 ·
Yeah I am even more excited now. We opted for the black wood mostly because my wife really liked the idea of the wood inlay steering wheel, but I also didn't want to make it complicated by choosing the individual package without an individual wood.

Have you seen this site? If you click on the individual colors it actually shows a frozen grey and a frozen silver. I wonder if those colors are actually available. http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/6series/gran_coupe/2011/showroom/design/visualizer.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.