Premium Sound Package
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Adaptive Drive
Ceramic Controls
Full LED Lights
Automatic High Beams
BMW Apps
Shadowline Trim [special order]

The only remaining question is the issue of the headliner. According to the dealership, if you order Canyon Brown leather as an ala carte option on a non-MSport car, you get the standard Anthracite (instead of Light Gray) Headliner. They are currently checking to see if it's possible to special order the Anthracite Alcantara Headliner and, if so, what the price tag would be for it. I'm not sure how important it is to me, as long as the headliner is black, but I'll wait to make the final call when I hear the price tag.

I love my '12 Coupe. 85-90% of the time it's all that I need and more, but the other 10% of the time, I really miss the ability to have rear seat passengers. Or, at least, rear seat passengers with legs. I considered getting something else in addition (SUV or a 7-Series), as I've done in the past when I owned 6er Coupes, but I think I'd rather just have one vehicle that meets all of my needs. So, here's hoping the GC is it!

Here's a picture or two from BMW's BYO site. Just imagine it with Shadowline Trim and 35% tint.

Attachments

See less See more
#118 ·
Just got word that my GC went into production today, with an expected completion date of the 29th. Fantastic!

#120 ·
Yep. Not sure why, but I will take it.

#122 ·
I think it would be close. I may have them hang on to it until December anyway (which would kill me), in case the programs improve again for the last month of the year. I'm on vacation for a week around Thanksgiving, so maybe that will be the only thing that keeps me calm. Ha.

#123 · (Edited)
This is going to kill me, now that I know your car went into production early, every Wednesday for the next 6 weeks I am going to be hoping that my car gets started early.

I was already thinking they might start a couple weeks early because I am guessing they are going to try hard to get these cars out to customers before the year ends. This race with Mercedes does seem like a huge deal to them.

#124 ·
This is going to kill me, now that I know your car went into production early, every Wednesday for the next 6 weeks I am going to be hoping that my car gets started early.

I was already thinking they might start a couple weeks early because I am guessing they are going to try hard to get these cars out to customers before the year ends. This race with Mercedes does seem like a huge deal to them.
It's not uncommon for ordered cars to get pulled into production early anyway, so you might be in luck, too. Fingers crossed.

#125 ·
I have my fingers crossed for you bro, lets hope you get your beast as soon as possible

#127 ·
I never pay any attention to the website tracking info.

#128 ·
The latest update from my salesman: "The new GC is in the body shop***8230;..final destination, assembly, the we get to wait for a boat!"

I may have this thing before Turkey Day after all.

#130 ·
Yeah, probably.

#131 ·
So I happened to be on my dealerships website today and noticed they listed a frozen bronze/amaro opal gran coupe fully loaded. The only difference between this one and the one I ordered is that it has msport and doesn't have the wood inlay steering wheel.

I am a little annoyed that no one called me to at the very least see the colors in person let alone offer me this car instead of the one that won't come in for another 3 months. When I ordered my car the dealer said no one has yet to order frozen bronze, so I am confused how they got this one so fast. They are saying it's the owners new car, because he was upset they sold his other gran coupe so fast. How could they have possibly got him this one so fast?

Does anyone else find it a little weird that this car wasn't offered to me? Or wierd that they didn't at least call me to let me have the opportunity to come see the colors in person? Or am I just being a little OCD about the whole thing?

#132 ·
So I happened to be on my dealerships website today and noticed they listed a frozen bronze/amaro opal gran coupe fully loaded. The only difference between this one and the one I ordered is that it has msport and doesn't have the wood inlay steering wheel.

I am a little annoyed that no one called me to at the very least see the colors in person let alone offer me this car instead of the one that won't come in for another 3 months. When I ordered my car the dealer said no one has yet to order frozen bronze, so I am confused how they got this one so fast. They are saying it's the owners new car, because he was upset they sold his other gran coupe so fast. How could they have possibly got him this one so fast?

Does anyone else find it a little weird that this car wasn't offered to me? Or wierd that they didn't at least call me to let me have the opportunity to come see the colors in person? Or am I just being a little OCD about the whole thing?
I think they at least should have given you the opportunity to see the color. I'm not sure if it's weird that they didn't offer the car to you now, but I think it's weird that it never came up in any of your numerous conversations with them over the last several weeks.

Are you going to stop by and see the color and maybe ask about the car?

#136 ·
Had the GC for 2 weeks. Have not bumped into another 650i yet:D

But did see 5 640 GCs driving around. 3 white, 2 frozen bronze. So proves my point. The white and frozen bronze will turn very common with the GC, which is exactly what I don't want:rolleyes:

#137 · (Edited)
It seems like you keep finding reasons to point out why your GC is "special". Now, in addition to the shadowline trim your GC is even more so due to its paint scheme. I live in the D.C. area where there are a great deal of uncommon cars and ANY GC would fall into that category. I also spend a lot of time in L.A. In this connection, I am not acquainted with what you're used to seeing in terms of road vehicles where you live; however, Los Angeles will provide a unique and, perhaps, humbling perspective on common versus uncommon when it comes to vehicles.

#144 ·
I'm really nervous and excited about my Canyon Brown interior that's on order. I've never done anything but black, so this is something all new for me.

#151 ·
XZLR8, any new news on the car?
The last I heard anything (end of last week), my GC was still waiting on a boat. I'm told that new information is generally available on Tuesdays, so I may know more after today.

#156 ·
Well, it's officially on a boat with an ETA of 11/20/2012.

#158 ·
Haha that'll make the process a little more exciting

#159 ·
After driving the cts coupe for a few weeks now, I am somewhat regretting not getting xdrive. I think I am just used to the feel of 4 wheel drive from driving range rovers for the past few years. I have already spun my rear wheels a couple times on both wet and dry roads. I probably just need to get used to it again, but next time I am going to want xdrive.

#160 ·
Yeah, I order xDrive for its all season capabilities, but I think it'd be worth it for the difference in steering feel if nothing else.

#162 ·
I'm still hoping to have mine by the end of the month (or maybe by Saturday the 1st). It made it to the port on the 20th, so now it's all up to the trucking gods.

We just returned from a vacation in north Scottsdale, where I rented a Panamera for the week (nicely done, Hertz). I'm still excited and anxious about taking delivery of my GC, but I have to tell you... I fell completely in love with the Pan. I can certainly see why we've had some board participants cross-shop the two.

Attachments

#167 · (Edited)
I drove my friends Panamera in Florida and it was a S#$@ grin on my face! It was fun to drive. The 640GC feels more like a luxurious sporty land yacht with some attitude.

#168 ·
Fresh off the truck, yet to be prepped and tinted.

Attachments

#170 ·
Looks fantastic! Congratulations! When are they delivering it to you?

#175 ·
That was my biggest concern, mostly because everyone was trying to talk me into the Fineline Oak. I think I'm going to be very happy with my (somewhat unexpected) choice.

#171 ·
That's hot!

#172 ·
I will probably take delivery on Friday or Saturday. I've been out of the office for ten days, so I need to see how my schedule pans out for the week. Plus, the car still needs to be fully prepped and the windows have to be tinted. Very excited, though. Better pictures will certainly follow.

#173 ·
Very excited for you...the car is gorgeous and that Canyon Brown interior is sick! The interior of my 4S is very similar in colour. Porsche calls theirs Espresso. Dark brown leather is very rich looking...the new black!

#174 ·
Thanks! Porsche's Espresso leather was actually part of my initial inspiration for making the switch from my traditional Black. I have to make peace with the piping, but I'm LOVING the color of the leather.

#177 ·
Congratulation on your gorgeous car , what a sexy combo and I'm glad you pick thoes rims as imo they are the best looking rims from BMW :thumbup:

Can't wait to see more pictures.
Thanks, WhyGeeGee. I'm excited to bring 'er home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.