BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

A new symbol on the cluster?

20K views 50 replies 9 participants last post by  AutobahnCowboy 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what that is? And how to code it on?

Thank you!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
@fhinfo

I have not tested this myself (I am out of town), but I have a feeling this will show the rear passenger seat belt status in US spec cars.

ACSM_3>3000 Ausstattungsflags, 0E>RESERVE_Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fondsitze_GWF_GZA_F >Werte=00

I would change the Werte value to 01

The notation for this entry translates to: "RESERVE belt status indicator rear seats"

JEG23

#5 ·
By the way, can somebody with a European F10 for which this symbol shows at start up care to share the value for the entry below?

ACSM_3>3000 Ausstattungsflags, 0E>RESERVE_Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fondsitze_GWF_GZA_F

JEG23

#10 ·
By the way, can somebody with a European F10 for which this symbol shows at start up care to share the value for the entry below?

ACSM_3>3000 Ausstattungsflags, 0E>RESERVE_Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fondsitze_GWF_GZA_F

JEG23
The default value in my car is 00.

I also checked that the seat belts icons work. If I have a rear passenger, and when they hook their seat belt, the particular icon (one of the 3) lights up in green.

More to the point, we need to find the parameter as it does not seem to be this one !

#11 ·
Found it

@fhinfo and gspannu,

I found the way to activate the rear seat belt indicator in US spec cars. I had a few candidates, but I needed to get home to try them before jumping again to conclusions.

Change the following:

KOMBI>3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration, 2C>GURT_FOND_STATUS

The default is inaktiv. It can be changed to 2_sitze (for two passengers in the back) or to
3_sitze (for three passengers)

It lights up for about a minute in the dashboard after you start the car and then it goes off. It still have to test it with rear passengers (no kid at home any longer). Hopefully fhinfo you can test this.

JEG23

#12 · (Edited)
@fhinfo and gspannu,

I found the way to activate the rear seat belt indicator in US spec cars. I had a few candidates, but I needed to get home to try them before jumping again to conclusions.

Change the following:

KOMBI>3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration, 2C>GURT_FOND_STATUS

The default is inaktiv. It can be changed to 2_sitze (for two passengers in the back) or to
3_sitze (for three passengers)

It lights up for about a minute in the dashboard after you start the car and then it goes off. It still have to test it with rear passengers (no kid at home any longer). Hopefully fhinfo you can test this.

JEG23
Nice work JEG23! I take it this Icon is only available with 6WA extended black panel display?

#13 ·
Thanks.

I am still holding celebrating until we know for sure that it actually responds to the presence of rear seat passengers.

From its location, I have the feeling it is only available in the extended display.

Perhaps one of our European partners without 6WA can let us know if they have this icon.

JEG23

#17 ·
That looked right. No? Or is it supposed to go off unless someone is sitting in one of the rear seats without a belt? What should it do if someone is sitting in one of the rear seats with a belt?

#24 ·
I hear you. I was absolutely shocked to learn that my BMW and its fine Dakota leather was not an aphrodisiac for my wife. :(

#29 · (Edited)
Updated:

Finally, I found someone to be my passenger in the rear seat and did the test. Unfortunately, no go! The reminder never change even though the rear passenger fastened the seat belt or unfastened after fastened. The indicator remain the same status. My guess is maybe we didn't activate the sensor at the rear seat or there is NO sensor at all?

#33 ·
Having pulled my rear seats out multiple times I can tell you that my US spec 528 doesn't have rear seat or seatbelt sensors. There's no extra wires running into the seatbelt lock buckles or any wires that get disconnected to pull out the rear seat bottom. If you look on realoem, EU countries have a "For vehicles with Extra package, EU-specific," package associated with their rear restraint systems so unless the US sensors are super-duper bluetooth or have some other style of communicating with the car, my guess is the rear seat belt notification option is a hardware as well as coding issue.

On an associated note. It's really easy to remove the rear seat if you have the non-split rear seats. Just grab it on each front corner (bottom pad) and pull up. It's just held in with a compression clip. The rear seat back uses tabs on the upper rear portion and two torx bolts at the bottom of the seat back. Fun weekend project to learn more about your car. If you have the split rear seats it's a little more complicated, but not much more.

Sean

#34 ·
Having pulled my rear seats out multiple times I can tell you that my US spec 528 doesn't have rear seat or seatbelt sensors. There's no extra wires running into the seatbelt lock buckles or any wires that get disconnected to pull out the rear seat bottom. If you look on realoem, EU countries have a "For vehicles with Extra package, EU-specific," package associated with their rear restraint systems so unless the US sensors are super-duper bluetooth or have some other style of communicating with the car, my guess is the rear seat belt notification option is a hardware as well as coding issue.

On an associated note. It's really easy to remove the rear seat if you have the non-split rear seats. Just grab it on each front corner (bottom pad) and pull up. It's just held in with a compression clip. The rear seat back uses tabs on the upper rear portion and two torx bolts at the bottom of the seat back. Fun weekend project to learn more about your car. If you have the split rear seats it's a little more complicated, but not much more.

Sean
@Sean,

Thanks for that information. I have been pulling my hair for days searching the missing code. I should have just checked my seats before.

JEG23

#41 ·
i've just take a look at my f30 and i don't think there's a sensor under the seats

the 3 red passengers in bc appears after engine start with and without passengers in fond

only if the belt is stucked the green symbol appears

and its now bounded on the correct side. i can pull the left belt in the right hole - Result: the right symbol will be green

#42 ·
That is why I want to know these Seatbelt Contact settings:

Gurtkontakt_Hinten_Links = nicht_aktiv
Gurtkontakt_Hinten_Rechts = nicht_aktiv
Gurtkontakt_Hinten_Mitte = nicht_aktiv

Are your's all set to aktiv?

#44 ·
I was sure they would be, but thanks for confirming it.

So, if the U.S. cars actually have the Seatbelt Contact sensors, then these three codes should enable them to work with the KOMBI icon.

#50 ·
hello

what did you code in the Kombi?

did you set "3_sitze / Werte=02" ?

because in the description it showa different values:

00b = kein FondGurtStatus
01b = 2-sitzer Ruecksitzbank
10b = 3-sitzer Ruecksitzbank

may be the Werte-Vaue should be set to 10b instead of 02 ?
Or am i mixing up things now?

@AutbahnCowboy
what values do you have in the KOMBI?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.