BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

MS Green Point

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  brainiac37 
#1 ·
Just learned that my steed will be sailing from Bremerhaven on the Green Point (call sign WCY4148, SIS# C8HE051, and IMO 9056296) on November 7. Looks like NYK is handling the transit. E.H. Harms says it's due at Port Hueneme on 11/29 and the DBH Logistics website (www.dbh.de) says it's due there on December 2. Feels like :banghead: waiting.

Does anyone know what these various ID #s mean? Also, anyone have any idea how long it should take to get from the US port to the dealer in Colorado?

#2 ·
Just found out today (from Jessica @ Harms...thanks Jessica!) that my E90 335i is also on Green Point. Are they trucking it to your dealer in Colorado? Mine is going to LA and I'm driving it back up to San Francisco...

Man, I so wasn't worrying about it, but now that I know, every day is driving me crazy too :p

#4 ·
Let me know if you learn anything on its whereabouts. The free ship tracking resources out there are worthless, so I've pretty much given up on it.:dunno:

#3 ·
Just learned that my steed will be sailing from Bremerhaven on the Green Point (call sign WCY4148, SIS# C8HE051, and IMO 9056296) on November 7. Looks like NYK is handling the transit. E.H. Harms says it's due at Port Hueneme on 11/29 and the DBH Logistics website (www.dbh.de) says it's due there on December 2. Feels like :banghead: waiting.

Does anyone know what these various ID #s mean? Also, anyone have any idea how long it should take to get from the US port to the dealer in Colorado?
Mwaahaaahaaaa!!!!!! Welcome, my friend. Welcome to THE WAITING!. Ahhhh haa haaa!

Here is some tribal wisdom that should make your wait fun and exciting:

Waiting for West Coast Re-Delivery Rule #1: Your gonna love this one: you car is not on the ship Harms told you! WTF?

Waiting for West Coast Re-Delivery Rule #2: After tracking the ship Harms told you your car is on through the PC, some wise-a$$ who was also on your ship will post a message saying they just found out their car is on M/V XXX YYYY, which is in some untrackable position in the North Atlantic. You blood goes cold and you enter Stage 1 of denial.

Waiting for West Coast Re-Delivery Rule #3: You find out that, indeed, you are on the other friggin' boat. :mad: What the WHAT?! You will feel singled out, and like your re-delivery is about to set some sort of all-time endurance record. Stage 2 denial symptoms include flushed face, feelings of rage, ship-tracking neurosis, and OCD.

Waiting for West Coast Re-Delivery Rule #4: Your CA's seemingly conservative estimate that "it usually takes 10-12 weeks" will, in fact, appear to be true. This despite the optimism instilled by Harms, whose detached nonchalance made you believe that your car could be home at a record pace, in a mere 6-7 weeks. What does your CA know, after all? :dunno: You enter stage 3, RESIGNATION.

Waiting for West Coast Re-Delivery Rule #5: Your car will arrive (on the second ship, mind you) exactly on schedule (funny that they could have international shipping transit times down with such precision by now!), and your car enters the PH BLACK HOLE. This is the near fatal stage of re-delivery impatience, because you know it's close, but NOBODY, not even BMWNA knows ANYTHING about where your car is!! The dudes at the VPC could be doing brodies with your ride in their huge parking lot. Or maybe they're standing their shaking their heads at how much damage happened while in transit (wow, dude, never seen THAT happen before! What do we do?), or worse - they could accidently overlook your car in the vast sea of other BMWs waiting to be prepped for shipping. This part Sucks! :yikes: You are completely in Stage 4: So-close-you-can-taste-it anticipation! :mad:

Waiting for West Coast Re-Delivery Rule #6: Finally, your car has cleared customs and been released to shipping. You KNOW it will be on the road within the requisite 48 hours. You've entered stage 5: Why was I worried? :)

Now you can think to yourself: "I'll have my car in two days, then I can sit back and not have to worry anymore the way all the other poor sots whose cars are still on a ship somewhere in the North Atlantic do." :rofl:

Been there, dude. If you don't believe me, ask andytyro or vocalthought!

Follow our first ship, the Equuleus Leader: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304344&highlight=equuleus+leader

Or, our second, the Hojin: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312378

Oh, yeah, your question: It's gonna take 8-10 weeks. Like clockwork. I feel ya, man! :thumbup: :rofl: :p :mad: :angel: :thumbup:

#5 ·
Gee, uh, thanks BickUW89 for that inspiring and uplifting story of redelivery.:D When I discovered that couldn't track jack-all after the date I knew the boat had sailed, I already entered the resignation phase. As I've mentioned before, I will have some questions for BMWNA if the car has any more than a mile more than the odo said when I dropped it at Harms. Longshoreman brodies aren't part of the acceptable game plan. I look forward to reading your attached threads for additional comfort.:rolleyes:

#6 ·
Gee, uh, thanks BickUW89 for that inspiring and uplifting story of redelivery.:D
We're here to help. :D

I will have some questions for BMWNA if the car has any more than a mile more than the odo said when I dropped it at Harms. Longshoreman brodies aren't part of the acceptable game plan. I look forward to reading your attached threads for additional comfort.:rolleyes:
Well, I'd count on more than a mile on the odo. Mine had +7 from when I dropped off. Seems reasonable when you consider all factors: from truck to staging in Bremerhaven. Staging to loading. Unloading at PH. PH to VPC. VPC to Trucking. Those lots are HUGE, so just going from parking onto/off the RO/RO is prolly a 1/2 mile to a mile drive each way, times two, and you're already at a minimum of four miles. Then they drive them from PH to VPC, which is a couple of miles, then from parking into/out of VPC. Expect 5-10. More than that and I'd start asking questions.

Just remember, these guys drive a hundred spanking new BMWs every day - your's is just another, so I doubt they'll take any sinister interest in it. :p

#7 ·
Nope, no clue where Green Point is.

The Port Hueneme schedule has it coming in on Dec 2nd, although HARMS USA told me that it would arrive port Nov 29th. I'm guessing the later date.

I feel for you a bit more. Since my dealer is in LA, it might be ready a few days sooner (knock on wood). Of course, if mine got damaged during transit, then all bets are off.

I am resigned to just wait. My current (old) car is chugging along at ~212k miles... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.