BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X5 Warranty running out

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  soldmystang 
#1 ·
My X5 warranty runs out next month. Any pointers of what I should be looking out for?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

#3 ·
Yes, I did a search but most of the threads are on extended warranties. I am not planning to buy extended warranty. I am going to an indy for an inspection this week and would like to know if there is anything in particular I should watch out for.

#4 ·
Leaks- ANY wetness around any seal, weeping, etc. Any rubber component that shows any signs of cracking or degradation. Vibrations. Pull codes from the DME, look for any faults.

Over the next 50k miles do you anticiapte any failures to be less than ~$2600 total? Thats break even on the BMW gold plan, AFAIK.

GL

A

#15 ·
Just had the going out of warranty inspection done today. The only finding is minor oil seep at the cap seal - no repair recommended at this time. The car was in such good condition that it only took 30 mins for the inspection. Showed me underneath the car, all the CV boots look OK, no seepage at the transmission case, everything looked clean. So I'm really glad with the outcome. Will try to get the dealer to replace the seeping oil cap next week.

Thanks everyone for your advices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

#17 · (Edited)
I have had some high dollar electronic issues repaired under the extended warranty. I would strongly suggest you reconsider your decision. There is no way to accurately diagnose future electronic failures that I am aware of.

The last repair was at 94603 miles. $2092.32 of which I paid $100 in deductible. At 77817 miles $1249.56 ($100), so if nothing else I broke even.

Additionally, while under the 4yr/50k warranty I had a major electronic failure involving the SOS system. At 33115 miles the TCU failed. If I had to guess this would be $3K out of warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.