BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X3 rear sunroof shade

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  x3andfam 
#1 ·
We just bought a used 2012 X3 and the rear portion of pano roof's sun shade does not slide close with the front portion. Basically, when I close the sunroof shade, the front portion over the driver is close but the rear portion over the rear passenger compartment is stuck inside the roof liner. Have anybody had this issue before and what was the fix for this problem. Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
You might want to take that into the dealer :)
I'm having trouble with mine because of the squeaking noise, brought this into the dealer for 3rd time.

Oh btw, there is a recall on the navigation if you got the tech pkg, basically updates yours to the latest version for free :).

#6 ·
has anyone found out the fix to the sunshade problem? I just recently started having the same problem. The front part shade closes all the way while the rear is stuck behind the liner. Any information please pass on, thanks.

note: i took to the dealer and they wanted to charge some BS fees to just take a look at the issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.