BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Extended Service Warranty

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ndabunka 
#1 ·
Can anyone suggest a good extended warranty to cover an X5d over the 4 year 50k warranty BMW provides, something that might take me to 6 years and 100k? Thanks.

Also any deals to be had on these type of warranties?

#2 ·
OK, my comments on extended warranties:

1. The stated, documented coverage on the 'flyer' the salesman hands you is almost worthless. YOU MUST READ THE ACTUAL POLICY

2. Most people cannot read and understand the policy coverage- they tend to interpret the langauage in their favor, and get misled.

3. The 'value' of a warranty is often defined by things OTHER than the stated policy:

- The financial stability of the company underwriting the warranty, and the sepcific legal contrcut of the warranty can be important
- HOW the administrators will interpret the policy
- How quickly they will review claims and how this will coordinate with the people doing the work.

There may be more.

I recommend only extended warranties backed by the specific marque- in this case BMW. You can buy over the phone, or copntact a Sponsor for a deal.

GL

A

#8 · (Edited)
What ever company you DO end up choosing, do NOT pick ANY of the ones that solicited you by mail. 99.5% of those are pretty much worthless. This topic has been BEATEN TO DEATH on these forums and a simple search will provide you about 20 companies that want to sell people Warranties. 10 that will actually honor the warranties they sell and 5 of those will actually still be in business by the time you need to use it. Just read those threads.

use the search function on the menu bar in this thread. Do NOT use the Google search (in the uppermost right-hand corner) as that one takes you away from this site and all the good details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.