BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

why would a BMW dealership NOT certify a bmw?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  6spdg37s 
#1 ·
I found a nice white m6 6-speed at a dealership. But it is not CPO. why would a dealership not certify a car ? just wondering if that is something to generally avoid

#2 ·
It may have a problem that keeps it from being CPO'd or it may be that they have done the analysis and determined that the amount for which they can sell the car does not justify the expense of doing the CPO. You may ask them if they will CPO the car and if so, how much it would add to the price. If they refuse to consider doing it, it may be that the car is ineligible for a CPO. What did they say when you asked why the car was not offered as a CPO?

#3 ·
What dealer? usually when there is something wrong with the car they put it in auction so they don't get any hassle
cheers
vern

#4 ·
usually if you ask - they will tell you. No need to speculate.

I would guess mileage is too high. hard to tell....

#9 ·
I had a 2004 Z4 without a nav system. I had the radio replaced with an aftermarket in dash nav system (Pioneer AVIC N2). When I traded it in 2008 - the sales guy said they would take it in trade but could not CPO it - even if they reinstalled the original radio. He said any mod like that made it impossible to CPO.

After the trade I went back and looked. They took the $1800 nav system and power amp out - reinstalled the original radio - and did not CPO it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.