BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

front & rear foglight question

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Roadsterwench 
#1 ·
can anyone tell me where the realy for the front fogs are and assuming the car was also using the rear fogs can you tell me where that relay should be for the rear fog lights, if you have pics that would be great but any info would be appreciated
max

#8 ·
here is why i asked i was flipping through all the screens and came upon this module and going by the date it applies to the newer body style i was wondering if it was like the drl's i read about on ron stygars website just unplug one and plug in another well you know what i mean
any input about the module/relay in pic below

Attachments

#10 ·
Hey Andy,

Is there a way you could post that pic again, with an arrow to the location of the _seat heater_ relay? My next step is to install the heater switches . . .

Thanks!

P.S. Just got your package yesterday -- looking forward to getting into it tomorrow or Sunday . . . .

#12 ·
Ron Stygar said:

There isn't one. Will post some pics later today.
:yikes:

I bought the seats from a guy who got it from a salvage, and he installed similar seats in his Z3, and apparently added a relay -- an orange smaller box-type one -- to his board in order to get the heaters to work. He gave me the relay, and said I just had to figure out where to put it in, then install the swtiches (pulling out the relevant wires from under the center console) and voila, it would work. So even if my car did not have heated seats before, I don't need to add a relay?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, Ron, I'm not sure that I'm worthy (but I'm learning . . .)

Here's a follow up if you have any advice-- because the seats are from a salvage, and I gather they sat outside for a while, the motors that move the seats work fine, but they labor and make unappealing groans in the process. I suspect this could be because there's some dirt between the rails or something -- or do you think dirt could have gotten into the motor itself? How do you think I should proceed?

Thanks so much again :)

#13 ·
Roadsterwench said:

Here's a follow up if you have any advice-- because the seats are from a salvage, and I gather they sat outside for a while, the motors that move the seats work fine, but they labor and make unappealing groans in the process. I suspect this could be because there's some dirt between the rails or something -- or do you think dirt could have gotten into the motor itself? How do you think I should proceed?
I would lube the jack screws with either Syl-Glide (buy at Napa) or SuperLube or other silicon-based (not petroleum) lube.

#16 ·
Thanks, Ron (although I'm still trying to figure out that drawing). JonM, I figured out what "jack screws" are all on my own :) I remember them from the seat install. So I'm off to buy the lubricant, and a power drill so that I can install those aluminum pedals from LeatherZ!

I "installed" the side clear markers -- that's about as easy as it gets.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.