BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Thank You for Coming Out to Bimmerfest East 2012 sponsored by Turner Motorsport!

20K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Navin323i 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

THANK YOU to everyone who came out to Ripken Stadium this past Saturday for Bimmerfest East 2012 sponsored by Turner Motorsport. We could not have asked for a better group of enthusiasts to show up and celebrate the BMW brand. This year was certainly bigger than last year and we are looking forward to continuing to grow the event in the years to come!

Photo Galleries from the Show

We have two sets of photos online from the event for you to flip through. Head on over to the these links to get your photo fix:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-photos/70/Bimmerfest-East-2012/

http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-photos/69/Bimmerfest-East-2012-More/

The Battle of the Bimmers

In case you missed the show or were not in the crowd for the Battle of the Bimmers Award Ceremony, the winners were:

Best of Show
Custom Atlantis Metallic 2000 323i owned by Navin Kumar

Modified 1st Place
White 1989 E30 M3 owned by Eddie Farcon

Modified 2nd Place
Carbon Black 1986 E30 Wagon owned by Rohan Ramdhanif

Modified 3rd Place
White 2008 535xit Wagon owned by Travis

Classic 1st Place
Sahara 1970 2800CS owned by Lonny Shirk

Classic 2nd Place
Florida Green 1969 1600 owned by John Hintz

Classic 3rd Place
Bristol 1969 2002 owned by Bruce Carr

Stock 1st Place
Status Metallic 2002 Z8 owned by Doug Dolan

Stock 2nd Place
Fire Orange 2011 M3 owned by Danny Costello

Stock 3rd Place
Anthracite 2001 740i owned by Peter McDevitt

2001 740i

Furthest Traveled to Bimmerfest
George Thomas from San Ramon, CA in a 2003 Z4 - traveling over 2,800 miles!

Highest Mileage BMW
Ryan French with 326,000 miles on his E36 325i

Classic and Modified Judge - Derek Najarian

A big thank you to Derek for judging both the classic and stock categories. Derek is a 20 year master tech working with BMWs who owns 10 of them ranging from classics to modern. He even owns a beemer! This guy lives and breathes BMW and has an extreme attention to detail and cleanliness. His decisions were tough as all the cars were really great this year!

Stock Judges - Lonny and Lou Ann Shirk

Another thank you to Lonny and Lou Ann Shirk who did the judging for the stock category this year. The decisions were extremely tough in this category as well with many BMW owners in the running. Lonny and Lou Ann drew on years of experience judging concourse events for the BMW CCA and Zfest to help them select a great set of winners.

Post Your Photos and Video

We want to see your photos and videos so make sure you post them in the Bimmerfest East 2012 event forum for everyone to see!

See You in 2013

We are excited about how much fun everyone had at Bimmerfest East 2012 and are looking forward to continuing to grow in 2013. Stay tuned to Bimmerfest.com and facebook.com/Bimmerfest for all the latest updates!

See less See more
#4 ·
I had an AMAZING time at Bimmerfest East 2012. Winning Best of Show at Battle of the Bimmers was such a huge and humbling honor for me and my Twin Screw Supercharged Atlantis Metallic BMW 323i, given all the amazing rides there. To be able to share my story with the audience after receiving my award about how my carbon fiber mechanical heart inspired all the carbon fiber mods on my car and how I use my car to spread my message of heart awareness was truly amazing and for that I thank all the organizers, volunteers and attendees at Bimmerfest East 2012. See you all next year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.