BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

91 m3

37K views 74 replies 15 participants last post by  markseven 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I picked up a Sterling Silver 91.

She has 94K on her, all stock except for H&R Sports, Billy Sports, a SS muffler, Evo shift knob, ACS pedal set and aftermarket CD player. I am going to remove the pedal set and swap in the OE radio and shift knob.

Hopefully my cousin has time to take good quality pics once the car is detailed. Until then:

I'll probably have questions - thank you in advance for answers.

See less See more
#48 ·
That Mtech II wheel is amazing. Must get one

I've gotta change the fluids and possibly drop a new alternator in thanks to a whine when the lights are on. Likely due to the aftermarket sound system wearing it down.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#60 ·
Very nice car. I personally like the wheel center caps On. :)

#61 ·
Who refinished the Valve cover for you?

Pic of my 88

Attachments

#64 ·
Thanks for the Powder Coating info.

#70 ·
In August of 2013 Zach Mayne photographed my E30 M3 and a fellow enthusiast's E36 M3 for Bimmer Magazine feature. On the way home from the photoshoot, Zach and his girlfriend were involved in a multi-car collision, with both of them sustaining fairly serious injuries. Not life threatening, by God's grace, but the GF was airlifted to the nearest hospital. Their recovery took months, which obviously and understandably put the story on hold.

I kinda forgot about the article and ended up selling the car. Well, here it is in issue #134. There are some factual errors in the write-up, probably due the two-year span between Zach doing the interviews and actually crafting the piece, and lack of proper proofing.

It would have been nice if this was published a few months ago when I still owned the car, but better late than never, I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.