BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Oil question

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GoForthFast 
#1 ·
Ok, so the yellow or orange oil light came on while driving today. I think my car may be burning oil. It's about 2/3rds way to time for next oil change.. If my oil level is low, what brand of synthetic can I use to top it off until I can get to the opposite side of town to the stealership? :dunno:

#2 ·
Ok, so the yellow or orange oil light came on while driving today. I think my car may be burning oil. It's about 2/3rds way to time for next oil change.. If my oil level is low, what brand of synthetic can I use to top it off until I can get to the opposite side of town to the stealership? :dunno:
I guess the pertinent question here is "What do you consider a "normal" interval for an oil change ?"

Mobil 1 0W-40 would be a good choice for topping off.

Most experienced members around here seem to agree that 7500 miles is a good target for oil & filter change.

Many BMWs seem to consume a bit more oil than average....a quart or two between changes is not uncommon. BMWNA will try to tell you that "a quart every 750 miles is within acceptable tolerances", but we all know what a crock THAT is.... :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.