BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M30 AFM Question

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Slurpyy 
#1 ·
Can I use a m30 AFM with a 173 ECU for my 89is, with 19lb injectors.

#2 ·
yes! do it!!!

ive seen it done before and you can do it too

#3 ·
yup, and get a Mark D 19lb injector chip otherwise your ECU will detune your injetcors after about 1 week. I actually have a Mark D chip for 19lb injectors that I can't use because its for 93 octane and I only get 91octane in reno. also the intake boot my need a little stretching to fit the M30 AFM but it will fit. the power from about 3000rpms and up will be improved after you install the injectors and AFM.M30 AFM fits very good, also when installing the injectors you do NOT need to remove the valve cover or intake manifold. if you have some needle nose pliers and an extension for a ratchet you can get the job done in about 30 minutes.

#12 ·
Eric, he said can I speak english I said yeah I'm white, meaning pretty much im not a illegal immigrant.
And yeah I tryed google, ive seen some POS headers on ebay, im asking people who KNOW where the good headers are located, such as the site scott told me about.
and thanks kamotors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.