BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CPO question

625 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Lewthor 
#1 ·
I have an existing 2006 X3 which will be going back due to the end of the lease in july. I have started looking around at the BMW dealerships and independent EBAY dealers in chicago and finding out that the ebay dealers prices are almost 20-25% lower then the BMW dealership with CPO.
If the Car is still under Warranty for next 2 yrs or 20k then why I should buy CPO from a BMW dealership while I can save upto 6-7k on the same Car from independent dealers, once the original warranty is close to expiring I can always go to BMW to buy the extended Warranty for around 3K, and If I dont want to keep the car i will just sell it before the original warranty expires.

Can someone explains me the pros or cons of going either way.
Also how much discount do either of the dealers give you if anyone has experience in that too.

#2 ·
Assuming the exact same car from either place. The CPO from the dealership is well worth the cost. From the dealership you KNOW the car will pass CPO inspection because it already did. The dealer has the tools and parts to make the car as good as new (within reason) the Ebay store you don't really know. The Ebay store wants to sell you the car but doesn't repair them so anything goes wrong they send you to the dealer. The dealer knows when something goes wrong you come to THEM so they want you to be happy with a good car.
As for saving the cash for if you don't want the car later...thats upto you. If you don't expect to keep the car then just get the cheaper one and then sell it in a few years before warranty wears out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.