BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

3M Crstyalline Window Tint - Prices $$

11K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  Almaretto 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, Has anyone tinted their 5 Series with the 3M Crstyalline tint. I am going to get mine done next week (all windows but the front windshield). What can I expect to pay??

#2 ·
Got mine done last month with CR40 on all windows except windshield plus sunroof for $600 in IL.

#4 ·
I can definitely notice that it is cooler after parking outside the entire day with 3M Crystalline. I went with the darkest available, which is 40%.

#15 ·
Can't speak to HUD, but, did all windows including windshield in Llumar "AirBlue 80". Was done in late spring before it got warm here. Took a full day for the tint to cure because of low temps, so there was some distortion (like tearing eyes") until the next morning. Suggestion would be to get first appointment on hot day and pick up just before closing to avoid this. Others have commented before on how well this keeps interior cooler and I'll have info after New Years as to if it helped prevent skin lesions from UV due to meds (70% chance of at least 1 in first year). There hasn't been any I've noticed so far.

#8 · (Edited)
I did crystalline 70%, that may be the most translucent one they made that I liked. The car looks like the windows are stock. I did everything but the windshield and sun roof. $575 installed.
EXCELLENT uv protection. I was sitting in my car today parked in the sun. I started to sweat with the windows down. I put the driver side window up and felt noticeably cooler.

#9 ·
Thanks. Is it true there is some type of 3M watermark on the tint that is visible?

Do they even offer a 80% or 90% option? I definitely want the most clear option available. I see terribly at night, and don't want any light blockage if possible.

#10 ·
It doesn't affect the vision noticeably at 70%. There is a 3m logo that comes off with rubbing alcohol. There may be a 90, check 3m website.

#13 · (Edited)
I thought 40% was the darkest you could go in the Crystalline product? I went with 40%. I felt that this looked nice in the daylight but didn't impact nightime vision at all. 3M also makes a 90% Crystalline but 70% is basically clear. Its hard to tell the difference between 70% and no tint at all. I've seen several cars with the 70% on the windshield and it was tough to spot.

#23 ·
I have tint my last 2 car e60 with 70% 3M Crystalline Tint all 9 glass and it is well woth it cutting the heat out.
I will tint my new F10 528i M sport which I got last night in 2 weeks time with the same stuff.

#31 ·
If you are in the Raleigh / Triangle area of NC I highly recommend TVP Tinting on Rowland Rd. Their prices cannot be beat. Tell em I sent ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.