BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Head Rests

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  anu 
#1 ·
Is this the lowest the head rests go? I've pushed the knob on the side in, but it won't go down anymore. Is it possible for the head rest to go all the way down to where there's no space?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's as low as the '09s will go. They will not touch the top of the seatback.

#5 ·
Mine go down only as far as yours in the pic but tilt forward until they almost touch the seat. Actually pretty comfortable for long drives. The makers of airline seats should take note of that!

#6 ·
Yours actually tilt forward? Wow, mine don't do that :(

#7 ·
I think it may have to do with SP seats vs non-sport seats too. :dunno:

Not sure though, so don't flame me if I'm mistaken. :flame:

#8 ·
You may actually be right because I have the sport seats!

#10 ·
I thought I was imagining things - I remembered my '06 tilting froward but when I tried to do the same on my '09 last week it didn't. I thought I was just remembering wrong!

#15 ·
Maybe its different from a coupe vs. a convertible....I have the coupe and that's as far down as they go and there is no tiling forward or backwards with them.

#13 ·
I have an 06, no sports seat, but they tilt forward. Interesting that yours do not. The tilt is in the head-rest itself, not the chair, so you would think the head rests from sport to non-sport are the same.

#14 ·
dude i was wondering the same about the 09 e90 i took delivery of last week. what was strange was that when i picked up the car the passenger side head rest was just like one pictured. maybe 1 notch above the seat, but my drivers side was all the way to bottom. i tried like a mother to get the passenger side all the way down but it wouldnt budge. so then i tried to play around with the drivers side and as soon as i pulled it up. i could not get it back all the way to the lowest possible position. which is fine, since im tall, but i thought it was weird that it came from build with th driver side all the way down but my passenger seat wasnt. i have sport seats btw.

#17 ·
Ok I figured it out! To make them go all the way down you have to pop the round plastic cover up (not the side with the push in button but the other side) pull out metal/plastic clip, push the button on the other side, push the headrest down past the first notch, reattach the clip pop the cover back and you are done! Just did it on my 09 328.

#18 ·
Is it easy to remove and replace that cover? I'll have to try it when I get home! Very cool :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.