BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is this Trade assist deal good? should i Lemon?

940 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fl_cyclist 
#1 ·
Hey guys (trade assist story kinda long)

Hopefully somebody might shed some light. My car which has had a long list of issues except HPFP is a:

2007 335i coupe
sport/ premium/ 6MT/ Ipod/ 7 Logic

MSRP = 43245
Price 40900 (european delivery) :bigpimp:
down: 1500 miles 10K/year
payment: 500 /month :thumbup:
3500 sec deposit. residual 27k

my Car has currently 30k miles. and my SA has agreed to help me out getting a BMW Trade Assist. He has provided me with the folling quote:

current price with the same options (M-Sport Instead of the Sport Package)

U.S. M.S.R.P = 50750
E.D. Price = 45250
previously provided Sec. Deposit: 3500
Aparently i'll be getting a 4500 "trade-assist" and some cash back due to clear bra/ tints/ and probaly recently bought tires (rear)

Lease I would get the same lease deal..
No Down
3 years
residual 26k
monthly 500 (using the "4500 trade assist money")

Financing:

If I buy i'll give no down with 0.9% for 60 months
monthly: 670 / month

Last Option get the lemon which my SA and I calculated and came up to be:
Usage: $4000
Sec. Deposit: $ 3500
this sounds really good cause i will take my money and go elsewhere! If it wasnt bc i'll miss my car :mad:

I feel like the dealer is just giving me a 2009 335i at current price (which is close to invoice +1000) and giving me the 4500 bucks (which is the same or close to the same amount i'll get if i fill out a lemon) (FL allows 24 months so im good, and my car in the last 2 months has been more than 14 days at the dealer)

Basically, I feel like I have I've been paying this car for the last two years and due the fact that is a lemon i've wasted my money ( I only leased to be able to use my money better)

Do you guys feel like this is a good deal? should the dealer be able to provide a better price due to its "trade assist" I feel that if I start a Lemon they would be worst. Bmw will have to pay me the 4500 and loose the value on a car that looks brand new and a customer (This car has been baby treated for the last two years)

I'd be extremely happy if they match my price at 2007.... I wish!!! But i feel they should at least sell at invoice... its not my fault i got a POS! :mad: :bawling:
Actually I'll probably agree to something under invoice

Has anybody had an isue like this. or has anyone had a trade assist on a two year old lease? Any info will help!!!

I am leasing and Financing thru BMWNA and I have been contacted by them already.. but they have not helped at all yet! :mad:

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
It seems to me your getting pretty much the same deal either way and the trade assist may be the easier route overall. Not the best deal but you did put 30k on the car so I don't think you can expect too much. In my case I did the trade assist within 2 months of purchase and only had about 1300mi. They gave me full credit back on my purchase and sold me the new 335i at the same price as the old one even though there had been a price increase and the new one had more options (CA). They also paid for tint. So in my case it worked but the car had very low mileage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.