BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Leak--possible to adjust window?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  vintage42 
#1 ·
Like many other owners, I've had problems with leaks where the top frame meets the windshield. Re-sealing the drains fixed this.

I've also had problems with leaks near where the middle and rear seals ('guides') meet. Replacing the seals fixed this on the passenger side. I've since read about the shims behind the metal strips that hold the seals and had planned to try adjusting those.

BUT:

in the meantime, I picked up an inexpensive used hard top in my color. I have it mounted now, and it leaks in the same spot (about 2/3 of the way from front to back along the top of the driver's window).

This makes me think that the problem is not with either the soft or hard top, but rather with the position of the window glass. Is it possible to adjust the window to make the top of the glass push in with slightly more pressure?

#2 ·
... This makes me think that the problem is ... with the position of the window glass. Is it possible to adjust the window to make the top of the glass push in with slightly more pressure?
There is a bolt on the bottom rear of the door that I think does what you want. I have a picture but no description.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.