BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Alignment issues

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dkotanto 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 530I and I recently purchased new Continental tires (P225/50R17 Pure Contact) from a tire shop,(not thru BMW) and they did an alignment. I just noticed that they used BMW 325 for calibration. I'm having no problems, but there must be a difference between the 325 chassis and 530. Any advice? Tire shop said that it didn't matter.
Thanks
Bruce :rofl:

#2 · (Edited)
I wouldn't want anyone performing 325 alignment specs on my 530i...there could be a close match or far apart and you may or may not notice till it's too late. Make them do it right and have them perform their work to spec...with proof via a readout that was done right. I'd be interested to see the 325 printout and the corrected one side by side.

#5 ·
You had asked to see the results AFTER the correct alignment.. I have attached the report
There were some values that needed to be changed. Surprisingly, the specs were close between the 3er and 5er. Thanks for sharing.

#4 ·
Do yourself a favor and get the alignment done at a BMW dealer with the Kinematics Diagnosis system. It goes far behind what the low end tire shop alignment shops can check and the specifications are not only tailored to your car model but even the features in your car. Here is a recent alignment I had done at JMK BMW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.