BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Coding 6NR

53K views 130 replies 24 participants last post by  raygbmw1 
#1 ·
Hello guys. I'm based in the UK and I'm now the proud owner of an F10 520d for two days now. I have a fairly high spec car including HUD, SLI and HBA. I'm watching the LDA retrofit thread eagerly.

I've already downloaded the necessary files for coding and intend to start very soon but I'm wondering if there have been any attempts to code in the 6NR option in a similar fashion to that offered by bimmer-tech?

Once I'm up and running I'll be happy to help out where possible. Incidentally my car was manufactured in 05/2012 so is brand new and upto date.

Great effort so far, well done everyone!

#90 ·
This is what I want to do. Get fsc code and also cable to get 6nr retrofit.
Use my old iphone 4 to have video out and audio out to car monitor.
Then use that iphone 4 to run Airplay with a jailbroken app from cydia.
Now i can hypothetically connect my iphone 5 screen and music etc to my screen with no plugs.
1. I need fsc code
2. 6nr cable
3. Help getting the above.
When i get this to work ill post a DIY if people are interested.

#92 ·
I have a source for your 6NR FSC Code. It is $200 USD for just the FSC Code, or $250 including Importation and Activation.

#95 ·
Both. When you buy an FSC Code, you get a matching .der Certificate that goes only with that specific FSC Code. There is also a zentrale Master Freischaltcodestelle-Produktiv Certificate, which I believe can be used for any FSC Code.

#96 ·
finally got BMW Apps working! Thanks Shawn and Patryk!!:):)

#97 ·
what does the xml file do?

#98 ·
The FSC Code is embedded in it. I think ISTA/P uses it instead of the .fsc file.

#110 ·
I didn't know there is a CD related to this. What dies the CD do?

And by Assist, do you mean? BMW Assist?

#112 ·
Ah ok.

But BMW Assist and 6NR are two different things. A car can have 6NR and no Assist, and vice versa.

#113 · (Edited)
I am not using BMW Assist because it is not available in Finland. Car is bought second hand from Germany and the Assist is installed at factory. I have coded my CMB_MEDIA to use online and internet through my mobile phone. If the FSC code for BMW Assist and 6NR Apps is the same, I should be able to enable Apps without need for a new FSC?

#114 · (Edited)
BMW Assist is a subscription service, and does not require an FSC Code.

With BT Internet / BMW Live enabled, you cannot enable BMW Assist. It is one or the other, but not both.

6NR BMW Apps is completely separate, and requires a 9C FSC Code.

#115 · (Edited)
6NR Code

Hi Guys

I have looked through some of the posts trying to work out if all i need is the FSC code to enbable 6NR and a connect baseplate. I originally had a different 520d but it didnt have some of the 6x options and i realised it wouldnt work. The new one I thought had but is fitted with (C791200)

6AA BMW TELESERVICES
6AB CONTROL TELESERVICES
6FL USB-/AUDIO INTERFACE
6NF EXT.CON.OF THE MUSIC PLAY.I.MOBILPH
6VC CONTROL COMBOX
609 NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL
612 BMW ASSIST
615 EXTENDED BMW ONLINE INFORMATION
616 BMW ONLINE
620 VOICE INPUT SYSTEM
633 PREP.MOB. PH. BUSINESS BLUET.INTERF.

It has a baseplate with the gold connectors etc and in the IDrive i do see connected drive but no apps (assuming this is the 6nr part) but i do see other services which can be updated etc.

All album/artwork songs etc work through the normal apple cable conector via usb in armrest.

Cheers

TJUK

#116 ·
Hi Guys

I have looked through some of the posts trying to work out if all i need is the FSC code to enbable 6NR and a connect baseplate. I originally had a different 520d but it didnt have some of the 6x options and i realised it wouldnt work. The new one I thought had but is fitted with (C791200)

6AA BMW TELESERVICES
6AB CONTROL TELESERVICES
6FL USB-/AUDIO INTERFACE
6NF EXT.CON.OF THE MUSIC PLAY.I.MOBILPH
6VC CONTROL COMBOX
612 BMW ASSIST
616 BMW ONLINE
620 VOICE INPUT SYSTEM

It has a baseplate with the gold connectors etc and in the IDrive i do see connected drive but no apps (assuming this is the 6nr part) but i do see other services which can be updated etc.

All album/artwork songs etc work through the normal apple cable conector via usb in armrest.

Cheers

TJUK
With a 9C BMW Apps FSC Code, and so long as you have this, you can have 6NR:
  • 6VC CONTROL COMBOX
  • 609 NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL
With this and proper Media Cradle, you can also Cradle the Phone:
  • 6NF EXT.CON.OF THE MUSIC PLAY.I.MOBILPH
You will get all of BMW Apps except you will still not have Plugin feature (i.e. Video and iPod Out GUI) as there is no FBAS Video Connection from the 6NF Base Plate to back of CIC.

That said, 6NR Plugin support ended with the iPhone 4S 30pin connector as the Lightning connector does not support analog video, so default 6NR Coding now does not include enabling Plugin function.

#119 · (Edited)
Hi,

i have the following in my F11 :

6AA BMW TELESERVICES

6AB CONTROL TELESERVICES

6VC CONTROL COMBOX

612 BMW ASSIST

614 INTERNET PREPARATION

616 BMW ONLINE

620 VOICE INPUT SYSTEM

677 HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL

698 AREA-CODE 2

7SP NAVI PROFESSINAL W.HANDYPREP.BLUETOOTH

I want to use the apps, internet etc.
My plan is to just by an old Iphone 4/4s and install permanently in the Snap In adapter.

My question is :
Which parts do i need to change :cry:

Until now i figured out following :
Need to change the baseplate, from ETK must be 84109220651
I need the FSC and coding.
But which part for the harnes from the new baseplate to the Combox ?
Only part i can find in ETK looking just a little bit like it is 61119278204.

Can anyone confirm this part number asweell as the part needed for this retrofit is only the baseplate and cable to the combox ?

What about the Apps retrofit cable 61122295390 whats the purpose of this ?
Furthermore - if i need to install the usb/aux music interface alongside - is the usb hub then also needed ?

Hopefully anyone can clarify this and point me in the right directions.

Best regards Anders

#122 ·
Hello Everyone, After reading this thread, i would like to be clear what i need to purchase to get my setup working. I'd like to get Video output from my snap in. I have from factory 6NF,6FL. I did not order the vehicle with 6NR which however until recently i had coded in (FSC Activated) and brought up Connected Drive - BMW Apps fully functioning, I have the video option under the playback/Multimedia but of course a black screen with audio however. Now i know i was missing something, so after reading here it became clear i need either the cable running from the base plate to CIC and/or cable from base plate to Combox? Do i need to replace my base plate as well? Post #28 states part numbers there but unsure which ones to get as well as Post # 68. Any insight or help is appreciated!
Currently i have Base Plate Part # 84109223098

Cheers

#123 ·
Hello Everyone, After reading this thread, i would like to be clear what i need to purchase to get my setup working. I'd like to get Video output from my snap in. I have from factory 6NF,6FL. I did not order the vehicle with 6NR which however until recently i had coded in (FSC Activated) and brought up Connected Drive - BMW Apps fully functioning, I have the video option under the playback/Multimedia but of course a black screen with audio however. Now i know i was missing something, so after reading here it became clear i need either the cable running from the base plate to CIC and/or cable from base plate to Combox? Do i need to replace my base plate as well? Post #28 states part numbers there but unsure which ones to get as well as Post # 68. Any insight or help is appreciated!
Currently i have Base Plate Part # 84109223098

Cheers
Base Plate should be correct, but you need to the correct "Media" snap-In Adapter.

And default 6NR Coding no longer enables the iPod Out (aka "Plug In") as it ended with the iPhone 4S 30 pin connector due to the fact that the Lightning connector does not support analog video.

You will need to FDL Code:

HU_CIC => Terminal_UI = aktiv

#124 ·
Thanks for the info, I forgot to mention I have the media snap in showing in silver and rear saying media unsure if different versions don't allow video ? I use the iPhone 4s. So it seems everything i set up correctly.
No cables I would need? Like base plate to cic ?

#129 ·
Shawn
Merry Christmas to You and Everyone in the Forum!!!

My wife's car have the follwoing options without 6NR.
161,1CA,230,249,255,258,28A,2PA,2TB,2VG,302,313,316,322,3AG,3AT,3L8,413,423,428,430,431,459,473,488,493,494,4FD,4GG,508,534,548,563,5A4,5AT,5DF,5DP,610,650,654,6AC,6AE,6AK,6AM,6AP,6NS,6UP,700,7HW,810,825,845,853,880,8KA,8S3,8SL,8SM,8SX,8TD,8TF,8TG,8TN,925,962

When I check the Connecteddrive Menu I can see BMW Apps but when I connect my Iphone and run the BMW Apps on the phone I get the Apps Icons (Eco Pro, Web Radio, etc) but they were all grayed out and I can't highlight them in the idrive.

Does this mean I still need an FSC code and insert 6NR in the FA and VO code the HU?

Ray

#130 ·
Not sure. I would expect car with 6AK from factory to have working BMW Apps. Maybe it is a subscription issue with your VIN. I would ask dealer why it is not working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.