BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bimmerfest Regionals

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Rich_Jenkins 
#1 ·
Here's an idea for you Jon, a spin off of your "forum member" 10.5 idea. I'm in C Florida, while I'd love to head out to Cali and do some camping I'm sure I'm not the only one in the SE who thinks if we had something closer we would go. So what about a NE/SE/NW/SW regional meet in spots conducive of drawing large regional groups. I've already done small GTG's with quite a few east coast festers, I'm ready for the big one, or rather the smaller one than the "BIG ONE" :rofl:

#3 ·
I think it would need some bimmerfest coordination, but not to a high extent. The extent would be:
-Date: Bimmerfest staff should come up with dates and regions to be divided into (i.e. SoCal, Norcal, etc or perhaps even more specifically like OC, LA, IE, Riverside, etc). The events should occur within the same month (say January) with different regions having different weekends (i.e. Norcal would be a week after SoCal so if someone really wanted to attend both they could, or schedule their vacation to be able to attend both).
-Designate "regional managers" who would be in charge of finding a large enough location and determining the events. (i.e. some regions could have drives, small raffles, etc)
-Create regional sub-forums to help with the coordination

I think that this would work well with a little bit of coordination from Bimmerfest staff, or just by designating a small group of members who would be willing to work on this.

#4 ·
I'm not positive, but I don't think there are bimmerfest "managers" all over the country. Basically, if people want to make it happen, someone will have to step up from their area and make it happen. There are BMW meets all over the country, ranging from one-off meetings for special occasions to weekly Bimmer meets in parking lots behind shopping malls, just take the initiative.

#5 ·
:stupid:

I'm good, but heck, let's wait till the fall when it's a little cooler, hm? Dang, temps hitting 95 in O-town is brutal. :bigpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.