BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Today on my Bimmer I...

Tags
:3
819K views 11K replies 438 participants last post by  tomwas 
#1 ·
ive seen this type of thread on my toyota forum and it ends up being good.:thumbup:

anyways i'll start i guess, today i cleaned the wii out of my car and attempted to put my grilles in:)

#6,070 ·
I can tape pretty well it just seems like I wouldnt be able to nail every part perfectly. O well.

Worst case scenario it still looks better than it does now.

#6,071 · (Edited)
Remember telling me to clean out the engine bay of the E30 once we had the engine out?

Tadaaaaaaaah!

Eddie scrubbed on it for three hours today while I finished up the rear suspension upgrades and started taking out the front suspension for the upgrades on that end. I don't think the engine bay has been this clean since it rolled off the line in Dec. 1985.

Attachments

#6,076 · (Edited)
Satin black, not flat. Flat seems to grow it's own dust! Duplicolor satin black engine enamel. All the parts that are black will get recoated, too (PS reservoir, vacuum can, air cleaner housing etc.) We still have a bunch of cleaning to do to the K member and steering rack, but we're holding off doing that until the suspension pieces are out. Bavauto springs, Bilstein struts, Ireland Engineering sways and poly bushings are going on. Also new LCAs and tie rods.

The next big piece of the puzzle is the engine clean-up and reseal. He bought almost $400 worth of gaskets, hoses, water pump, thermostat housing, thermostat, cam drive belt and tensioner, front and rear crank seals, and on and on.... It should look new when we're done.

I was really proud of Eddie's work on that engine bay. He stuck with it, only stopping when I needed help on the rear suspension pieces. He worked over the trunk, too, while I had the liner pads out installing the Ireland Eng. sway in the back.

He's ordering a full set of Trimcar premium leather covers for the seats. He's spending enough to have bought a NICE E30 with all this already done, but then he wouldn't learn anything about the workings of the car.

Don, did you install the Trimcar covers, or did you have them do it? I know they're close to where you are. If you installed it, how bad was it, and if they did it, what did it cost if you don't mind saying? I'm concerned that installing that stuff is out of my pay grade. The potential of working with ~$1200 worth of leather makes nervous. I can't weld that back together if I goof it up. Eddie even mentioned he might drive to Ft. Lauderdale and have Trimcar do the install.

#6,080 ·
Installed the new angel eye inverters. Having no diagram made me guess on power and ground. Got it right first try. awwwww yeahhhhhhhh. I think the new inverter might be a bit brighter than the other side so I ordered another one in case that happened. Not going to worry about it now.

Bought a new bulb socket for the turn signal and now the parking light on the PAS side doesn't work, but the signal will. I'm thinking I maybe just got a bad part.

#6,085 ·
today on my bimmer i, changed rear shocks and mounts, changed rotors and re painted the calipers.

fixed the power steering leak.

painted the rear parcel shelf to match the rest of the and stripped out the rear interior to take to the trimmers.

good day

#6,094 ·
I did nothing to lola, there is still those diff in the crap yard, but everytime i plan to get one something comes up, be it work, weather or some other randomness.

Kind of annoyed that 2 of my 3 cars are STILL broken.

Also not BMW related but i pulled the exhaust off the subaru, it ran no dinnerent so that eliminated the plugged converter/ exhaust idea...still trying to figure this out <a month till the next race and i do NOT want to miss it. Just behind my friend in SAWD (Stock AWD) in season points and missing a race could really f*ck me...so if it comes down to it I may end up rocking my friends Audi 4000 :eeps: he said i just have to help him cover the registration cost and inspection cost and I can use it whenever. or i can buy it for 900. Only time will tell.

/bitch session. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.