BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ZHP with 3.46 gears 40-70mph run (video)

9K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  SPDSKTR 
#1 · (Edited)
Having some fun. I swear, this new pump made a large difference in the high end. I was leaning out badly before. Its about 3.5 seconds from 40-60 and about 5-6 seconds to hit 70mph. Not too shabby.

Here was the previous pull from 3rd gear I mention in the beginning of vid 1

#12 ·
to me. The sound on higher rpms just sound sketchy. And when changing gears at higher rpms, the shift is not smooth enough, it kind of feels rough.
Lissen, Zippy....these cars have a 6800 RPM redline for a damn good reason....it`s purpose *is to USE IT*....now, go burn your Man Card, and buy yourself a Camry....

#15 ·
Yup. The 3.46 swap is fun. The first mod I made to my 330. However, I find that first gear is way, way too short. I also just moved and have double the commute... a nice 25 mile freeway jaunt. Contemplating going back to the stock 3.07 or even taller in search of higher fuel economy. Buzzing at over 3000R when doing 80mph...

The roads need to dry out so I can blast some twisties and forget this nonsense...

#17 ·
I drive a LOT of interstates and as long as I keep the cruise on 80mph, I pull down 26mpg's.

The fun factor outweighs my fuel mileage. Don't go back, you'll regret it. OR just drive slower.

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.