BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Body imperfections

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jc_///m3 
#1 ·
Does anyone notice body imperfections around the bottom of passanger door handle area. just noticed when wife was backing car I was looking down the side from rear to front and noticed this . Visit to dealer did a look up of vin no damage report from delivery checked other f10 at dealer and found the same on many other cars he was going to check on this and get back
seems like when body was pressed to form, it ripples a little only on passanger door at bottom of hand cup area on door I have a white f10. no info from dealer yet

#3 ·
ZERO body imperfections on mine, even at 15k miles.

now paint imperfections, both from the factory (orange peel) and from use....that's another matter.

Friend of mine and I were just looking at this comparing my factory finish to the body-shop repaired finish on his X6. Mine was MUCH better.

#4 ·
ZERO body imperfections on mine, even at 15k miles.

now paint imperfections, both from the factory (orange peel) and from use....that's another matter.

Friend of mine and I were just looking at this comparing my factory finish to the body-shop repaired finish on his X6. Mine was MUCH better.
Orange peel can be reduced by polishing. I know my detailer does a lot of orange peel removal on new BMWs. Not as bad as Lamborghinis though.

#8 ·
Mine is smooth, I just checked. If yours is really bad, by all means repair it. If not, I doubt anyone will ever notice. As previous posters suggest, no car is perfect, all will have minor flaws here and there. Good luck, and enjoy your driving!

#9 ·
Can you take a video using your phone to show the rippling as you move around at an angle, perhaps?

#10 ·
A ripple/indentation under the door handles is normal. My E-Class also has it (my last one did too), and I originally almost thought it was a tiny dent, fortunately it isn't.

#11 ·
Yes, two things I noted last year (september) when test driving f10 and this "ripple" was one of them (the other one being dashboard reflection).
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437681

I bought mine this year, april. The 'ripple imperfection' improves a lot, almost unnoticeable compared to early batch. I'm talking about germany build f10 (wba vins) on my case and all has it. Clearly you and I able to see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.