BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Interesting observation

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Want the Thrill 
#1 ·
The other day I was driving behind another F25 X3. I could see that this X3 had M wheels and M bumpers. But it also had M badging at the back, just to the right of the X3 badging.
My M-sport F25 X3 didn't come with this.

Does anyone else have this badging on their M-sport X3's? Maybe it's new for MY14. As shallow as it sounds, I'd love to get this added to my car!

#4 ·
It's an aftermarket add on. My 13 X3 35i M Sport doesn't have it.

But my M5 does. :)

Just a personal opinion, do as you like, but I'd never slap an M on the outside of a car that was not one. Even though many have spent enough on M products to justify doing it; it still just seems fake to me. But I don't begrudge someone that wants it.

I just wish my X3 M sport steering wheel had the red and blue stitching to go with the M emblem on it.

#5 ·
I agree. The steering wheel stitching from a real M looks great.

I know the X3 M-sport is not a real M which is why I was confused. I thought maybe BMW was changing something based on the trim level only.

I'll put my shallowness aside and leave it as is!!!

#6 ·
I agree. The steering wheel stitching from a real M looks great.

I know the X3 M-sport is not a real M which is why I was confused. I thought maybe BMW was changing something based on the trim level only.

I'll put my shallowness aside and leave it as is!!!
That's the best decision :).

#7 · (Edited)
I don't know if I agree with the others... If you want to add the m/// sticker to your m-sport so be it. Hello, you paid $2500 to have the m/// on the steering wheel and rims. It's personal taste to embellish your car. What about the people who install quad exhaust tips or tint their car windows? Many bimmer owners are real prima donna's.

#8 ·
I bought a pre-owned '11 35i non "M" package back in Nov '13 and the owner had put on brand new Hankook Ventus v12 evo K110 tires on 20'' M style rims, don't know why but deal was way to good to pass up...haven't used them yet as the winters are on but hope come spring when they are put on that I don't look like a poseur lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.