BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW X3 mileage

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  PPXYZ 
#1 ·
Good day people, I'm new here and would like to know if my car current mileage has anything to do with the consistent maintenance I'm currently doing.

Car mileage : 121,167miles

Pls let me know your thoughts.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#2 ·
Well, without knowing more specific about what sort of maintenance you are doing -- it is a safe bet to say any car (no matter what marque) will require significant upkeep over 100K miles.:yikes: So I guess the short answer is: "yes - you can expect to do maintenance and repair on your X3 until you sell it or trade it in on a newer one -- with hopefully less mileage.":angel:

#3 ·
Good day people, I'm new here and would like to know if my car current mileage has anything to do with the consistent maintenance I'm currently doing.

Car mileage : 121,167miles

Pls let me know your thoughts.

As a point of reference our 2003 Honda Odyssey since 100k, it has 125k now, has had: a new timing belt, spark plugs, 2 coil packs, water pump and belt, 2 engine mounts and a transmission bracket replaced. This goes along with the various tire, engine oil and trans fluid, and brakes maintenance items.

#4 ·
Not really sure what the question is.

If you do consistent maintenance since new, then with a bit of luck you get to 120K miles without too many repairs to do.

If at 120K miles you are doing constant maintenance (and repairs), that may indicate that some scheduled maintenance was missed earlier, but an uptick in repairs is to be expected anyway.

Like most cars, ownership perception of reliability of the X3 varies from one person to the next.

As BMW vehicles go, the overall impression is that dependability is a bit above average, but there's always going to be exceptions whether through the roll of the dice, or something the owner did or didn't do.

#8 ·
Not really, but I'm in a much better place now, I hope this doesn't continue, besides my tire pressure light still shows yellow on d dashboard and have gauged my tyre upto 50.

Why are you in a better place now?

#10 ·
In my experience of cars in general things start to go awry after 100K miles but unless your maintenance/repair costs are significant it is still less expensive than buying a new car.

The oldest bimmer I have seen was owned by a mechanic and had 400K miles on it. I remember my last one would get a $1-2K repair bill every few years. Not excessive but high for the few annual miles it received after 100K. Different things kept going awry and it just felt unreliable in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.