BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z4 warranty almost up....whats getting fixed ?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  imz4n 
#1 ·
Hello all_

I've almost hit that dark hour.....my Z4 coupe S.I> warranty almost gone in a few thousand miles.

Question.....what did many of you find yourself having fixed last minute or in the last warranty servicing ??

Looks like I'm going to try and go for >

1)-Battery -seems to start-up very weak these days on initial.
2)-Suspension/steering bushings- I can feel a slight sloppiness on transitions now.
3)-Wiper blades.
4)-Em. Brake adjustment.
5)-Power steer assist -failed one day-only to self fix on next start-up.:eeps:
6)-Quibo or half-shaft clank on reverse to forward gear exchanges. Visa-versa.
7)-Another right fog light bracket cracked and droops.

Other than that....this car has been a war-horse of good !!:thumbup:

Cheers,Vinny

See less See more
#3 ·
Have them check the brake pad thickness. If it is less than 3mm, they may change the brakes and rotors. I had this done on my last Z. The sensor goes off at 2mm. My dealer used to do a courtesy check of things like that, in addition to tire tread thickness.

#6 ·
Thanks guys....

What they ended up warranty covering >>

1)-Battery -seems to start-up very weak these days on initial................................( Replaced)
2)-Suspension/steering bushings- I can feel a slight sloppiness on transitions now...........(Replaced)
3)-Wiper blades.-......................(Replaced)
4)-Em. Brake adjustment.-(None)
5)-Power steer assist -failed one day-only to self fix on next start-up.-(Replaced whole column)
6)-Quibo or half-shaft clank on reverse to forward gear exchanges. Visa-versa.(Replaced all 3 seals on diff.)
7)-Another right fog light bracket cracked and droops.-(denied)

8)-Head/lifter ticking........................................(Replaced cams and head):thumbup:

Brakes were denied as I was just above the minimum......but that could cahnge in the last few thousand miles...:eeps:

Cheers, Vinny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.