BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Looking for tire/wheel thoughts for 2012 X5 xdrive50i

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Shiftinggeerz 
#1 ·
Okay, so I have been searching around on the site for a while and am still not sure how to proceed on two fronts.

Living on coast of Maine I am accustomed to running two sets of tires. I just ordered a x5 V8 with M sport that comes with 19 inch light allow v-spoke wheels style 223M and run flat performance (i.e. summer) tires.

What I think might be a good idea is to use these for winter tires and get something like ferric grey or maybe black wheels (exterior is Carbon Black).

I like the bad-ass look.

So questions are:

Is there a good winter tire for the 223M wheels?

Any suggestions for gray or black wheels. Or something like the gunmetal I have on my M5? I guess something that the 19 run flats would fit on make the most sense, unless somebody wants to buy a set of run flats brand new from me?

Crossposting in tire rack and X5 boards.

Thanks! Scar.

See less See more
#6 ·
I just had this done to mine, and it looks amazing on my 10 X5 4.8 w/ M PKG

BMW X5 with 22in Eurosport Monza Wheels with Pirrelli 22's

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jeff%20Segall/My%20Documents/galleryview.asp_files/3990b.jpg
I'd love to take a look but the link doesnt work.

#4 ·
According to the build sheet the 19's that come on the tire are summer high performance - not worth much after Novemeber 1st or so up in this territory.

#5 ·
oops. meant to say the tires that come on the 19's are summer performance.

Still not worth much after early Novemeber.

#7 ·
Go to butler tire and wheel in Atlanta. if you go into the gallery section on their website, and type in BMW X5, there are two Black X5's with the 22" Eurosport Monza Wheels. One is I think an 04 & then there is mine, plus quite a few others with other types of wheels. They are amazing and look great with the extended fenders.

#8 ·
Hmmm??? I'm in Chicago an the winter here is damn bad.

You will find several posts using 19" all season on our area during winter / driving in 10 inch snow etc. Without a problem - google it!

Look on your tires and see what the description say, there you will find I its summer / all season or winter.
It's an every tire.....

#9 ·
Get a winter set and enjoy. I live in Chicago and will not have a BMW without a winter set. There are sooooooo many advantages to having two sets. This is a highly discussed topic. Do some searching and you will find tons of info

#11 ·
Thank you RP. Ride quality is amazing. No issues. I am actually thinking of lowering the car a bit, maybe by an inch to really bring out the wheels a bit more. The tires btw, are NOT run flats. The tire store said he had just replaces some on another X5 and he got over 15K mile wear out of them. Thanks for the link as well. As soon as I get it washes I will post pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.