BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is It Normal?

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  wag-zhp 
#1 ·
I was just curious if it was normal for the clutch pedal to be able to move from left to right if such forces were put on it. This makes it very frustrating when you have a clutch stop and you worry about pushing the pedal behind the stop. it just seems too sloppy. If this is a problem, is there a simple remedy?

Thank You.

#3 ·
I have the same annoyance, but not that badly, so I'd say its not quite normal. Mine will shift a bit though. Mine can shift maybe a cm or so, but definitely not enough to clear the clutch stop. I'd try to adjust what holds the pedal in place though I'm not quite sure what that'd be.

I fyou have to worry about pushing it around your clutch stop, thats a lot of movement, and definitely a problem.

#4 ·
Of course... I jotted that too quickly. The pedal moves about 3 to 4cm either way. It's more of a dampened movement, where as it moves farther it begins to counteract the force you put on it rather than just clunking side-to-side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.