BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2013 X5 Production to start in April 2012

16K views 88 replies 24 participants last post by  vatausae 
#1 ·
I asked sales person to check on the production date for 2013 X5. This is what he wrote back to me.

"I tried looking up the production schedule for the 2013 X5 but it looks like it is not available yet. However, when looking at the production schedule for the 2012 model year it is scheduled to end in March of this year and began production in April of 2011. This would likely mean that the 2013 model will follow the same schedule but I do not have any specific confirmation regarding that information"

Looks like may be a good idea to hold for two more months and get better price on the 2012 or order the 2013 model.

:thumbup:

#38 ·
You guys that are taking delivery in the next few days, could you comment on what type of tires you recieved along with your rim size and sport/non sport?

According to TireRack there are 4 different types for a X5 35i premium with tire Size: 255/50R19

Continental CrossContact UHP SSR
Continental 4x4 Contact SSR
Michelin Latitude Tour HP ZP
Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 RFT

Thanks

#41 ·
I wasn't excited about my bridgestones when it showed up, but I have no complaints about the wet or snow (what limited we got this year) performance.

They are quiet as well.

Jay

#73 · (Edited)
My older Ipod Classic would not connect with the standard Apple connector and I had to use the "Y" cable from BMW.

My Ipod Touch works with either cable.

P.S.

The Continental 4X4 Contact SSRs ride very smooth with very little noise.
Thanks for clarifying... I knew that the iphone 4 and touch would work with the standard white usb cable.

Regarding tires.. how harsh is the ride? You don't have sports suspension and your car is premium right?
Do you have convienence package? Did you realize that your window trim is not chrome but black?

#80 ·
Just ordered my 2013 X5 Sport Activity
Alpine White
black interior, dark bamboo wood
conv. pkg
M-sport pkg
M-performance pkg
premium sound
cold weather pkg,
BMW apps

Now comes the wait, but will not have to wait as long as shippment of last ED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.