BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2013 X5 Production to start in April 2012

16K views 88 replies 24 participants last post by  vatausae 
#1 ·
I asked sales person to check on the production date for 2013 X5. This is what he wrote back to me.

"I tried looking up the production schedule for the 2013 X5 but it looks like it is not available yet. However, when looking at the production schedule for the 2012 model year it is scheduled to end in March of this year and began production in April of 2011. This would likely mean that the 2013 model will follow the same schedule but I do not have any specific confirmation regarding that information"

Looks like may be a good idea to hold for two more months and get better price on the 2012 or order the 2013 model.

:thumbup:

#7 ·
hmm

I have an X6 on order and not happy about the LCI being around the corner. We're off lease i March.. Can't wait for August (memo says end of production for pre lci is 7/12).

But... my sales guy said we can order an X6 with M performance package that wouldn't be in until May. I think that would be an LCI car? May I can wait for...

I'm confused. We need to hear from someone with some inside info from the plant.

As for the X5, all sources I've read say the redesign is not coming until next year...

Regards,
David

#24 ·
I have an X6 on order and not happy about the LCI being around the corner. We're off lease i March.. Can't wait for August (memo says end of production for pre lci is 7/12).

But... my sales guy said we can order an X6 with M performance package that wouldn't be in until May. I think that would be an LCI car? May I can wait for...

I'm confused. We need to hear from someone with some inside info from the plant.

As for the X5, all sources I've read say the redesign is not coming until next year...

Regards,
David
Dealers have the X5 and X5M 2013 order guides already, pricing is about the same, some new options etc most importantly the M Performance Pkg (ZMX) $1600 gets you about 10% more power and some additional torque and some pretty trim bits... for to xDrive50 440bhp, 480ft/lbs

production starts in April, my order is wk 20 build in May... I believe this *should* be the same for the X6 as well

#12 ·
I ordered a "2013" X5 on March 17, nothing on the BMWUSA website that it is in production(SA had production number before I even committed), so I emailed BMWUSA and just got a reply yesterday that "the X5 with your production number is in production and is in the body shop" (not the exact words). Even today nothing on the "add new vehicle" site but previous posts suggest to expect a delay in this info reaching the website. Would need some advance notice for PCD (like a month) if I proceed that way.
My order:
X5 premiun
plat. gray metallic
beige interior, light poplar wood
conv. pkg
premium sound
multi-contour seats
space saver spare
cold weather pkg, BMW apps
My 2008 RX350 with 125,000 miles will be given to my daughter to replace my previous RX330(2004) I had given her which now has 145,000 miles. Will miss the "reliability" but the new RX given as loaners was boring. As wife said..."it's a girl's car".

#20 ·
My dealer said that mine is going into Production during week 15. Ordered it on March 23rd. When I call the 800 number I get the message "Your vehicle is scheduled for Production with no confirmed production date". Nothing on the tracking website yet. Can't wait to get it. Need to clean out the garage and make room.

#22 ·
Yes they are. My order shows that it is a 2013. The only change was the price of the Convenience package (MSRP - $100 more). They changed the name of the Active seat package to Luxury Seating package. Price is the same as before. I ordered the Tech Pkg, Conv. Pkg, Luxury seat pkg, running boards and BMW Apps.

#33 ·
I tried the 800 number over the weekend - the computer said my vehicle was done and waiting for transit or something like that. I had asked for PCD; from what I've read on other posts none of the X5s can be "released" because they're considered a new model and have to be checked by the EPA first. On the web BMWUSA does have that the vehicle exists (with my production number) under"add new vehicle" - asked for date of purchase and mileage, so I left that blank since I did not want them to start the warranty countdown until I had posession.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.