BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What's up with 'Track my...' on bmwusa.com?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  MichelleJ 
#1 ·
As every good ED'er does I hit bmwusa.com every couple of hours just to check on progress, cherish the picture of my little germinal BMW, and generally play with everything BMW. mmmmm... Proud to be a muppet.

I've noticed that 3 times out of 4 the 'Track my xxxxx' link in my account shows me just the model and color and trim options. The too rare other time shows the complete set of selected options on my order.

Is this just my experience, or should I be investigating this personal phenomena more? I use IE8 on either XP, Vista, or Win 7 beta and sometimes Chrome and Firefox on Linux machines. Same unrewarding experience.

I've just added the new Alarm option to my 3er and am looking forward to confirmation that it is included on the official build record so the bug/inconvenience is weighing heavily on me this week.

Frank.

#2 ·
Don't go by the options on the site, get a print-out from the DCS.

The site is known for not being updated with the right specs quite often. It'll get updated corrected eventually, but there's a lag.

FYI: I've had my car for almost a year now and it still shows being at the VPC.

#3 ·
FYI: I've had my car for almost a year now and it still shows being at the VPC.
Wow - that's broken!

I shouldn't have confused a question and a comment in one post. My question is whether anyone else often sees the same abbreviated 'Track My .....' information on bmwusa.

Frank

#7 ·
Speaking of "track my" ....does anyone know how long it takes for you to be able to access your BMW FS account?

#10 · (Edited)
I was able to access it 2 business days after signing the final paperwork (didn't check any earlier because I was otherwise occupied). If you do a dealer pre-qualify / lock-in it doesn't show up based on my experience. The actual account had to be set up in order for me to access it. The finance system (unlike the car tracking) seems to be pretty real-time possibly with a one-day posting lag on transactions.

#9 ·
After 2 months of waiting. 2 e mails and 2 phone calls I finnaly got in touch with a rep at BMWNA to straighten out the problem and I can "Track my Vehicle".
cheers
vern

#11 ·
Wow, it's been over 2 weeks...I wonder if I get the car for free now since it's not showing up:dunno:

#12 ·
I'm seeing this problem, too. Sometimes the options are right, sometimes they're missing one (the AT), and sometimes they're missing entirely.

I used the 'Priority Email' link to send BMW a problem report about it. We'll see if they do anything about it.

#14 ·
I used the 'Priority Email' link to send BMW a problem report about it. We'll see if they do anything about it.
Well, I got a response, but it's not exactly useful.

I wrote:
Comments: FYI, "Track Your BMW" appears to be buggy.

Sometimes it shows all the correct options, sometime just the exterior and interior colors, sometimes most but not all of the correct options.

And I'm not the only one who's been seeing this:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359700
BMW responded:
Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding tracking the production of your upcoming 2009 BMW 328i Sedan. Congratulations on your BMW purchase.

I apologize for the concerns you have with your order. When orders are first placed, there may be a short delay in listing your specific options in My Account. If you would like to learn more about the options on your vehicle, please contact your client advisor at your BMW center. Your client advisor is in the best position to provide you with the specific details of your order.
Does the actual status part of this work for other people? My car is still 'On Order' and I'm wonder if I should even bother looking at this anymore.

#13 ·
-

You are not alone: my options come and go. So when I sign off in less < 2 weeks I will be conducting a careful 'tick off' of my M's options!

#15 ·
I gave it one more try and wrote to them again:

Your system is again, right this minute, not showing the options
I've selected. It's been a week since the order was first placed,
which I think we can agree is more than a 'short delay'.

If your system can't keep track of the options, which don't change
after entry, how can I have any confidence that it's reporting
Vehicle Timeline status correctly?
Their response seems to indicate that they (the customer relations folk) have no contact with the people who run the web site:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC. I apologize for not being clear in my previous e-mail.

We do not have the ability to advise you in a technical matter via e-mail. Please contact us at the phone number listed below. You may also contact an authorized BMW center.
Heaven forbid you use the website to report problems with the website. :rolleyes:

I'll bug the dealer more before I'll call and wait on hold.

#16 ·
I've had similar problems with the website and my options. When I first set up my account, all the options I had ordered showed up on the Track My BMW page. It stayed that way for a couple of days. The last few times I've checked it, none of the options show up on the page, other than the colors. I got my production number today, and still no options on the site. I'm not too worried - seems more like an issue with the website and not with my CA or BMWNA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.