BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

6WA retrofit KOMBI

668K views 2K replies 202 participants last post by  TheNine90 
#1 ·
Hello I'm going to buy a extended information cluster for a good price. 6WA option

The seller told me that the mileage is not stored in the kombi, and he tell me that this data is taken from the car.

This KOMBI has 13k Kilometers and mine has 38k.

Could I retrofit it without the help of the dealer? Only with my enet cable.

Where is the immobility device? Inside cluster like VAG's?

Shawn any advice?

My car has actuality the daten 47,5 and I have in the HUD the multimedia and telephone information.
Could I upgrade this KOMBI once installed to enable this features?
Any time I will go to the dealer I will need to instal my old Kombi and after change again?

Thanks in advance to all for the help.

Regards.

See less See more
#162 ·
This is what I would try.

Under SVT Actual click save and save the svt.

Click edit

Expand the Standard SVT folder

Expand the Kombi folder

Expand the StandardSVK folder

Expand the CAFD folder

Edit ID to 00000069

Edit Mainversion to 009

Edit Subversion to 000

Edit patchversion to 050

Save and let esys reload it.

Download the attached file

rename it from pdf to ncd

Now right click on the CAFD_00000069_009_000_050 in the kombi folder, click new, click fdl. Find the downloaded ncd file and open it.

Now try to fdl code that cafd.

Attachments

#167 ·
No. I am hoping to get the right .PRG....but still waiting on a source at BMW to advise.

#169 ·
Hi Guys,
I***8217;ll explain my retrofit from a basic KOMBI to 6WA
The 6WA was a used or a new one I don***8217;t now however
I put the new one in and it as was no VIN inside only ******* and the CAFD was 00 00 00***8230;
I connect with E-SYS and put in the FA 6WA and change to 0311
Detect CAF for SWE I didn***8217;t found CAFD for my I-Level F10-12-11-503
However I***8217;ll try to test with CAFD_00000069_008_001_020 for F10-12-03-510
I code the KOMBI with this CAFD and the KOMBI accepted
After reset KOMBI the VIN and the mileage +5km more is written!?
The Speedometer and all works fine, but I have a red point next to the mileage and no Service information in the KOMBI and CID!
I connect with E-SYS and I can coding the KOMBI
So the problems are the red point, no service information in KOMBI/ CID and when I start again the engine the mileage goes always up to 5KM
Thanks in advance to all for any help

#170 · (Edited)
Hello please help me with the next questions,

Detect CAF for SWE I didn't found CAFD for my I-Level F10-12-11-503
However I'll try to test with CAFD_00000069_008_001_020 for F10-12-03-510

How do you do this?

Because when i have tried to detect CAF, esys always gave me an error.

How can you try the cafd? Where do you select it?

Please take a look to this post:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7356027&postcount=94

Thanks

P.D: As you know the red point is the tamper flag, maybe your KOMBI doesn´t match correctly with the CAS.

Regards.

Hi Guys,
I'll explain my retrofit from a basic KOMBI to 6WA
The 6WA was a used or a new one I don't now however
I put the new one in and it as was no VIN inside only ******* and the CAFD was 00 00 00***8230;...
However I'll try to test with CAFD_00000069_008_001_020 for F10-12-03-510
I code the KOMBI with this CAFD and the KOMBI accepted
After reset KOMBI the VIN and the mileage +5km more is written!?
The Speedometer and all works fine, but I have a red point next to the mileage and no Service information in the KOMBI and CID!
I connect with E-SYS and I can coding the KOMBI
So the problems are the red point, no service information in KOMBI/ CID and when I start again the engine the mileage goes always up to 5KM
Thanks in advance to all for any help

#172 ·
Hello bmwoesi,

I use 47.5 but , do you think that could it be the problem?

I retrofitted another modules without problem like trailer town hitch (AHM) and rear view camera with same esys.

Could it be corrupt?

Please could you translate for me the error in German I show you in the previous post?

When I try to detect the caf , I obtain this error?

The KOMBI comes from a F01 I'm not sure if it could help.

MFG

#173 ·
Did you read in the FA 6WA for KOMBI and Zeitkriterium0311 ? Maybe this is the fault.
Here is the text from the User Manuel

2.1.4 KIS
Target configurations for control units or control unit networks (vehicle) can be calculated on
the basis of the vehicle order (FA) and a target integration step or can be loaded from a file in
section KIS. The result is shown in the SVT tree in both cases (in font colour red unless an
SVTactual was already present). The edit button can be used to edit the SVTtarget with the
SVT Editor, and save can be used to save the SVTtarget to a file.
Alternatively, there is the option of determining the CAF for individual software units of a
basic variant without specifying an integration step directly using the detect CAF for SWE
function. This function can be applied to SWFL entries or basic variants in the SVT tree.

#175 ·
Hello bmwoesi, sorry for the big delay.

no advances, i will try this weekend.

Tomorrow till friday i will be in the south germany, i´m not sure if take the kombi and go to seller and ask for a solution.

I going to answer your PM.

Shawn any new from your side?.

Regards

#181 ·
Here my update,

R270:
I erase the mileage and modify VIN
VIN at
80 all pairs to FF
2E0 last 8 pairs to FF
5A0 first 5 pairs to FF
590 last 2 pairs to FF
5A0 first 5 pairs to FF

I put the new one in and it as was no VIN inside only ******* and the CAFD was 00 00 00….
I'll try to test with CAFD_00000069_008_001_020 for F10-12-03-510
I code the KOMBI with this CAFD and the KOMBI accepted.
After reset KOMBI the VIN and the mileage was correct written.
I connect with E-SYS again and I can coding the KOMBI.
I erase error memory with tool32 because some faults are written!
After test run the system is working very well, I check the error memory again and no faults present.
So guys I’m very happy thanks for support to mateforrest and shawnsheridan and bimmerfest.

Regards

#182 ·
Here my update,

R270:
I erase the mileage and modify VIN
VIN at
80 all pairs to FF
2E0 last 8 pairs to FF
5A0 first 5 pairs to FF
590 last 2 pairs to FF
5A0 first 5 pairs to FF

I put the new one in and it as was no VIN inside only ******* and the CAFD was 00 00 00….
I'll try to test with CAFD_00000069_008_001_020 for F10-12-03-510
I code the KOMBI with this CAFD and the KOMBI accepted.
After reset KOMBI the VIN and the mileage was correct written.
I connect with E-SYS again and I can coding the KOMBI.
I erase error memory with tool32 because some faults are written!
After test run the system is working very well, I check the error memory again and no faults present.
So guys I'm very happy thanks for support to mateforrest and shawnsheridan and bimmerfest.

Regards
Awesome.

And new Kombi took actual car's mileage from CAS, and the Red Tamper Dot is not present on Kombi?

#184 ·
Thanks for confirming. Yes, I wrote this earlier, that E-Sys would write the VIN during coding so long as it was blanked.

mateforrest never got that far though, as he could not inject a CAFD into his Kombi.

#207 ·
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on desired ECU => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD matching your I-Level => Select OK => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

#211 · (Edited)
good advances

Hello friends,

i have very good news, i´m very close to the final solution.

today i received a kombi from a F10, and with this one i could code, because esys detected automatically the correct CAFD.

But still i have a problem, the KOMBI its full working and is ok but red dot tamper and service information.

I checked and the Kombi has stored my VIN correct, can anyone help me?
Should i code with the new production date (03-11) and VO code (6WA) another unit of the car? Maybe CAS?

Where is the Service information stored? Inside KOMBI or CAS?

Please folks take a look to next pictures:

NEXT POST

#215 ·
Hello friends,

i have very good news, i´m very close to the final solution.

today i received a kombi from a F10, and with this one i could code, because esys detected automatically the correct CAFD.

But still i have a problem, the KOMBI its full working and is ok but red dot tamper and service information.

I checked and the Kombi has stored my VIN correct, can anyone help me?
Should i code with the new production date (03-11) and VO code (6WA) another unit of the car? Maybe CAS?

Where is the Service information stored? Inside KOMBI or CAS?

Please folks take a look to next pictures:

NEXT POST
Ok. This is not good. You and bmwoesi have the same exact problem. Red Tamper Dot is present, and Mileage is slightly higher than old (actual) Kombi.

I do not know what the solution is, but since it is this way for both of you, I have no expectation that it will be anything different for anyone else doing this, unless we can figure out a solution.

The only solution may be to get a full EEPROM dump from a brand new virgin kombi, and restore that into the used Kombi's EEPROM. I have someone who will try and get this, but it will take some time.