Ask unit & L7 AMP repair shop

136K views 123 replies 65 participants last post by  juniorhernandez 
#1 · (Edited)
I spoke to this guy on the phone & he say's he has repaired a
couple E66 ASK Units . I don't know if he has or not , But I do
know he repaired my Buddies unit in his Bentley . I have been
thinking about sending him my old Non-working ASK Unit , but
I haven't yet . here is his website .

oh I forgot to mention he does AUX inputs !!!

(909) 944-8844

http://factoryradioservice.com/index.php

#3 ·
Great ASK & Logic 7 Repair shop!!!

I recently bought an '07 750li, only to realize the stereo was shot - the ASK single cd player didn't work and the Logic 7 amp didn't put out any bass. I had no idea the magnitude of the problem when I bought the car simply because I didn't know what to look for in terms of problems - it played music so I assumed everything worked, after getting the car home I was completely disappointed (yes - I got it used from a non-bmw dealership as well so I got what I paid for...haha)

Either way - after looking for a new amp and cd player I was shocked at the price ($1,200 from a local dealership just for the amp) and even $600 used for the amp on ebay. Nobody repaired them locally. I decided to contact the seller on ebay that was selling a repaired Logic 7 because he had hundreds of good reviews/feedback and asked him if he could just repair my stuff, he said yes and to send everything I wanted repaired over to him - turns out he has a shop and repairs all types of stereo's in So. Cal. Long story short for the low price of $365 he fixed the bass in my Logic 7 amp and the cd player portion in the ASK unit and I got it back within a big week. I just got it back in my car today and it sounds great - oh yeah, and he warranties all his work!!!

The place is called Factory Radio Service for anyone that doesn't know about them, I never found them on the forums on here and took a blind leap of faith sending my stuff to someone I didn't know or even talked to that I just happened to find on Ebay - I'm so glad I did!!!!

I just wanted to post this because I know how frustrating it was trying to find a fix for my stereo and/or to locate someone that seemed reputable and not outrageously priced. I have no connection to the shop but I just had to give these place a plug because these Logic 7 amp problems seem to plague every 7 series owner and everyone should know about these guys!

#5 · (Edited)
I POSTED ABOUT THAT REPAIR SHOP BACK IN 2011 , IN THIS TOPIC ...
I'm glad some 1 finally used him . He is actually a kool dude & does
good work ... Back then he was not comfortable repairing the L7
for people , but I guess now he is ok with it since he was giving the
instructions on how to do it from the DIY section on this site ...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6946197&highlight=#post6946197

#6 ·
I remember seeing your thread originally but I didn't give it too much thought since it only mentioned aux inputs and that's not what I needed so I couldn't have known from the original thread that the guy fixes L7 amps. Just so everyone knows, I have no idea of whether or not FactoryRadio fixes all aspects of the L7, the only problem I had was with the bass (or lack thereof) and that's what was fixed. My best recommendation to anyone is to just shoot the company an email with any questions and see if they can fix it - the worst they can say is no, however in my case it was a yes to both items.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#19 ·
ASK/LOGIC7 Problem Solved!

:drink::roundel:....thanks to all my bimmer buddies who took the time and helped me with solving the sound issues with my stereo through your threads...like a lot of you with your rides my sound system went to h#%! ...my speakers began to pop and crackle and at times no sound from one or two at all distortion was bad. Well i went to the forum , described the symptoms and a lot of you suggested that the problem was with the Logic7 amp and or the ASK unit but probably not the speakers themselves...that's what i thought the problem was...well several of you guys saved me several hundreds of bucks....several of you suggested removing the units and ship them to a repair shop in California ...which i did.... Factory Radio Service and Repair..9155 Archibald Ave. Ste. 403 ; Rancho Cucamonga,CA. 91730. The technician that i had constant contact with was John Nguyen...damn good guy...call him and he'd answer...when he could (909) 944-8844. The E-mail address is factoryradioservice.com he'd answer e-mails as well.....i'm not trying to take credit for this info....some of you guys sent it to me. I had local stereo shop to remove the Logic7....they wouldn't touch the ASK unit..so i went to youtube found a video and did it myself...it's VERY simple to do ...just be careful....the CD trimplate cover (woodgrain) is snapped in but very tight but i managed to get it off with no damage. If you remove the ASK unit yourself... after removing the woodgrain coverplate there are only three screws securing it and two wire harnesses to unplug... be careful with the smaller of the two plugs...it has a very small hooklike protrusion that needs to be released before you can slide it out...youtube didn't show this little hook. I shipped the units to John on July 15th (FEDEX) and received them back July 30th...reinstalled Aug 1st....by the way John checked the ASK..it was fine...the Logic7 had two bad outputs...long story i know but it was well worth the price $250.00....plus shipping!

#20 ·
ASK/LOGIC7 Problem Solved!

Good write up, glad that your system rocks again.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#22 ·
The dealer sells a ask unit for 400$ bucks with 2 year warranty everything will work except fm am radio the dealer needs to program the radio to the car.. ps .... take your old radio with u yhey will swap the old with the new ask.. as for logic 7 my buddy fixes the amp hes in nyc

#26 ·
how much?

#28 · (Edited)
I had noticed my subs under the front seats and in the rear widow deck speakers had stopped working and this forum told me the Logic7 amp was the culprit. I too sent my Logic7 amp to Factory Radio Service and John fixed it pronto. I highly recommend this guy as well..!! Also got a wiring harness from a fella on here back in early 2013, that allowed me to hook up an aftermarket amp and a sub box in the trunk with 2, 10' Rockfords and this 'ish sounds INCREDIBLE.. Also replaced both 8' subs under the front seats with some flush mount Earthquake replacement subs. Logic7 amp has to me working inorder for this harness to work I might add. TECHNIC is the guy that sells the harnesses.

#32 ·
Got the new ask in and holy sh_t this stereo is insane. Now I need the aux but my understanding I need the facelift mmi based on the youtube video. Paper if you have the solution to the 2004 pre-facelift I am interested. Had the car 3 months with no tunes and scratching so loving life right now. Ask kicked my nav in so I could use the updated nav cd for Texas.

#37 ·
I have a 04 745i I want a good clean crisp sound but don't want to really get into the trouble of re wiring an expensive system what are some economical steps I can take in order to get this done ? Also I'm not sure if I have a blown speaker(s) or an amp as I notice you guys were talking about

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app